ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will irish citizenship be refused because uk conviction???

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrsmart21
Newly Registered

will irish citizenship be refused because uk conviction???

Post by mrsmart21 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:19 pm

hi to every one.sorry i am new on this forum,I have very important question please advise me or some one with same experience will share it with me.
I am due to apply for Irish citizenship in next few month,i was reading the application than i got to question about conviction in state and outside state,i lived in UK before for few years and i was conviction for using false document for few times I paid fine for first one ,suspended sentence for second one and last one 10 month prison plus deportation.the last one was in 2007,i believe my conviction are spent and cleared. special the 2007 is cleared in 2011.my question are:

-Do i have to mention the conviction on the Irish citizenship form???
-This is spent conviction by law you don't have to disclose them???
-will my citizenship application be refused??

I've been living in Ireland since 2008 and I am cleared with the Garda. please advise me and help me with this matter.
-

aganty

Re: will irish citizenship be refused because uk conviction?

Post by aganty » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:36 pm

For me I think is entirely up to you if you which to include that on your application considering the fact that your CRB is cleared in here I really do no see any point expanding your ground to the uk border Besides you should no that including these might warrant a delay on your application pending when they are clear with your conviction in the UK anyway best of luck.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Like you may no am just a regular guy giving an advice :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yana31

Re: will irish citizenship be refused because uk conviction?

Post by Yana31 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:42 am

You will have to declare them, as they will find out about your convictions. If I were you I would declare them. No point in avoiding answering that question, they will find out very fast.