ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amannan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by amannan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:49 am

Hi swat
Have you got any response on your application yet?

swats_1315
Newly Registered

Post by swats_1315 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:56 pm

amannan wrote:Hi swat
Have you got any response on your application yet?
No, nothing yet :(

Turmeric
Newly Registered

Post by Turmeric » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Dear All,

I am about to apply for ILR in Croydon PEO.
It seems that it is Croydon PEO that does regular "further checks" on same day applications.
I will appreciate your recommendations to get prepared and possibly avoid "further checks".

1) Do caseworkers inform applicant of what sort of further check they need?
2) Obviously, these "further checks" turn a same day service into postal. Do they refund £300 difference?
2) Do they give an option to withdraw application and apply later, after resolving issues related to "further checks"?
I do not want to apply by post as I may need my passport and BRP for travelling. If they have further queries I would rather withdraw my application and apply later.
3) Would you recommend to apply in a different PEO? I was thinking of rescheduling possible for Solihull.

Many thanks in advance

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:44 am

@Turmeric , It is not necessary all the applicants who apply at croydon they will do further checks , It all depends upon case to case and if your case is very complex then you can apply by post,If your case is straight forward you will get it on same day basis ......so don't assume all application needs further checks, if you have seen in the forum there are lot of successfully stories who applied in croydon, It doesn't matter which PEO office you go for example even if you go to solihull or liverpool if the case is complex and they may not be able to take same day decision as well.

-hsr_72

Turmeric
Newly Registered

Post by Turmeric » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Thanks for support, hsr1972.
I understand that people who had straight forward cases (full time salaried employment) were picked up for further checks and were not even informed what kind of checks were required.
My guess is Croydon PEO receives far too many applications and do not have time and resources to resolve issues same day.

Moonmoon
Newly Registered

Post by Moonmoon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi everyone
I have submitted my ILR application from Tier 1 general at croydon PEO about 4 weeks ago. After 1 hour someone (probably case worker) handed a letter to us and said they need further check on our application.

I have given all the required documents including employer letter, p60, printed version of online payslips 12 months, bank statements 12 months, LITUK test for both of us, b1 for my dependant from trinity college, certificate from UK university and all others.

I called them last week to check any update but the person who received my call said it is IN PROGRESS nothing else.

I am really worry how long it is going to take. Please response if anyone got successfull ILR who has further enquiries on application like me. Please also write if someone has any idea why they taking application that long though it is premium application.

It is a panic as I can not plan anything until I get it.

Thanks a lot everyone

swats_1315
Newly Registered

Post by swats_1315 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Moonmoon wrote:Hi everyone
I have submitted my ILR application from Tier 1 general at croydon PEO about 4 weeks ago. After 1 hour someone (probably case worker) handed a letter to us and said they need further check on our application.

I have given all the required documents including employer letter, p60, printed version of online payslips 12 months, bank statements 12 months, LITUK test for both of us, b1 for my dependant from trinity college, certificate from UK university and all others.

I called them last week to check any update but the person who received my call said it is IN PROGRESS nothing else.

I am really worry how long it is going to take. Please response if anyone got successfull ILR who has further enquiries on application like me. Please also write if someone has any idea why they taking application that long though it is premium application.

It is a panic as I can not plan anything until I get it.

Thanks a lot everyone

Hi moonmoon,

Even i am exactly in the same situation as you are. I applied for SET(O) from tier 1 general at croydon PEO and i was also given the same letter like you have been. This is the 10th week and i still haven't heard anything yet from HO. I called several times and was only told that my application was under process and when I asked them how long would it take as I applied using a premium service she replied back saying that once the case worker says they need further enquires to make on your application it automatically falls under postal application category and will take the same amount of time as postal application (around 6 months or more depending on the severity of the case). I am a salaried employee and provided 12 months payslips, P60, 12 months bankstatements, employer letter, master's certificate, Life in UK certificate.

Moonmoon
Newly Registered

Post by Moonmoon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi Swat
Thank for your response. I hope they have different queue for premium service at least, otherwise it will be completely unfair.

TxS
Newly Registered

Post by TxS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I will be applying for my wife's ILR within the next few weeks.
I had a question regarding the premium one-day service.

When trying to book the appointment, the website asks for the £1493. Does anyone know whether this includes the main fees. May seem obvious but wanted to make sure.

Also, if we are rejected a ILR application, do they keep the £1493, and we need to pay another application fees when reapplying, or what is the process.

Would appreciate the answers to the above and any other tips regarding ILR application.
Thanks

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:14 am

What happens if your application is deferred for further checks? Do you get to keep your passport and BRP or do they keep it? It is taking upto 6 months for some applications!

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Delays could be anything due to verification of the following

* Employment
* HMRC related doubts
* Absences
* Subsisting relationships (co-hab)
* Checks on Previous Application for LTR
* KoLL

tiger.ukba
Newly Registered

Post by tiger.ukba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Hello @Moonmoon & Others

Can you please tell me whats the contact number of Home office? so that I can call and get to know the status of mine.

Same is the case with my application, they hold me a letter that says "Your application is valid but there are further enquiries that need to be made on your case ...."

Moonmoon
Newly Registered

Post by Moonmoon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:36 am

Hi Swat
Any update on your application. Please share if you have have anything.

swats_1315
Newly Registered

Post by swats_1315 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Moonmoon wrote:Hi Swat
Any update on your application. Please share if you have have anything.
Hi Moonmoon,

No update yet, i tried to call HO last week and they said my application was still under process and need to wait. :(

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 pm

TxS wrote:Hello everyone,

I will be applying for my wife's ILR within the next few weeks.
I had a question regarding the premium one-day service.

When trying to book the appointment, the website asks for the £1493. Does anyone know whether this includes the main fees. May seem obvious but wanted to make sure.

Also, if we are rejected a ILR application, do they keep the £1493, and we need to pay another application fees when reapplying, or what is the process.

Would appreciate the answers to the above and any other tips regarding ILR application.
Thanks

Hi bro

Can you or someone please help me answer question 2.16 and 2.17?

2.16 When and where did you get marry/enter civil partnership?

Mine was a religious marriage which was outside of UK. However, I got married legally once we arrived in UK at a city council which was two months later.

I have proof of the latter which is a marriage certificate however I cant proof the religious wedding as per the HO standards/requirement as the certificate isnt in English. So I am very confused what to write for this question....please can someone offer any help with this?

2.17 what type of ceremony was your wedding?

Depending on above what is the best answer for this?

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:45 am

argus7 wrote:Delays could be anything due to verification of the following

* Employment
* HMRC related doubts
* Absences
* Subsisting relationships (co-hab)
* Checks on Previous Application for LTR
* KoLL
Argus, you make a very interesting point here. I only have 90 days of absences within the five years that I have been here. However, on one of those absences, I was on annual leave. Everything else is straight forward. Single employer, large multinational company payslips, bank statements etc. The issue however is that I am only applying 4 days before my leave to remain expires. If on the PEO appointment, they say we need to do further verification, I was thinking of withdrawing my application and making an immediate tier 1 extension application. What are your thoughts?

amannan
Newly Registered

Post by amannan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi Swat
Long time, did not hear anything from you. Did you get any decision on your application?

sid939245

Post by sid939245 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Hello,

I don't know how long these people take to do verification, it's been 4 months already through a premium application process and haven't heard anything from them. The guidelines mention the average time to be 4 months with a maximum of 6 months.
Anyone suggest a way to find out what's happening with my application. :roll:

swats_1315
Newly Registered

Post by swats_1315 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:49 pm

amannan wrote:Hi Swat
Long time, did not hear anything from you. Did you get any decision on your application?

Hi Amannan,

Still waiting, it is very stressful. Applied using a premium service at Croydon on 18th september, I was told they have to do some verifications on my application.It is almost 4 months and I haven't heard anything as of now.

sid939245

Post by sid939245 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:06 am

sid939245 wrote:Hello,

I don't know how long these people take to do verification, it's been 4 months already through a premium application process and haven't heard anything from them. The guidelines mention the average time to be 4 months with a maximum of 6 months.
Anyone suggest a way to find out what's happening with my application. :roll:

Got the VISA finally after a 4 month wait.

Hey Swats.... hope you might get it sooner.

swats_1315
Newly Registered

Post by swats_1315 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:29 pm

sid939245 wrote:
sid939245 wrote:Hello,

Got the VISA finally after a 4 month wait.

Hey Swats.... hope you might get it sooner.

Hey sid,

Congratulations!!!

I just pray and hope to get mine sooner.

amannan
Newly Registered

Post by amannan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Congratulations Sid!!

swat, you looks closer as well

krishi572000

Post by krishi572000 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:51 am

Hi

Guys applied for ILR at PEO (Croydon) Given a letter saying Further enquiries

Tier-2 General to ILR

Case worker called me and asked me the reason for applying early than my eligibility date

i replied according to my start date of work on the COS i would have been eligible ,she said

my eligibility date counts from the day i got my approval letter so that i could be only eligible

to apply after 20th feb 2015 how ever she said she is not refusing my application as every thing seems to be fine

and they will open my application after 20th feb 2015 and process it if every thing remains the same

what does that mean and any ideas how long does it take again waiting for the replies thanks

Moonmoon
Newly Registered

Post by Moonmoon » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi Krishi
When did you actually got your tier 2 general visa and when you actually submitted your ILR application. Our application is on hold as well. We applied 26 days earlier before completing 5 years but did not get anything back from UKVI like you got.

Hopefully everything will be fine.

Thanks

krishi572000

Post by krishi572000 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:39 pm

Hi it was complete mistake of mine listening to the solicitor of my company I intially got it on 18th March 2010 I have started working for the company before my tier2 approval as I was on psw. My worry now is only how long it takes as my case is straightforward .any response from u r side let me know thanks