ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would I be able to apply to other universities?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

breathing
Newly Registered

Would I be able to apply to other universities?

Post by breathing » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:22 pm

Hello. I've been withdrawn for nearly a year now by my university and during that period I engaged in appeals to get me back to my place in school. All appeals failed despite paying thousands of pounds to lawyers. I have been applying to other universities but for one reason or the other they have been giving excuses. The home office haven't written me or sent me an email to curtail my visa but I believe this has been the fear of the university's causing them to refuse my applications :fear of me being and over stayer and might risk their licence. The best bet is to return to my home country and then apply from there. My question is,1) would this affect my application even if I returned to my country and apply from there since its almost a year I was withdrawn from school.
2) what If the home office has written me and curtailed my visa and perhaps I'm an over stayer. Would going back to my country and applying from there be any fruitful?
3) what if the home office hasn't actually curtailed my visa would there be any problem with the 1 year withdrawal gap?
Please i would appreciate a response. I would do anything to return to academia. I have nearly lost hope. Very worried. Thanks

riz1986

Re: Would I be able to apply to other universities?

Post by riz1986 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:11 pm

first thing ring up home office n find out whats ur immigration status
secondly what kind of appeals u were engaged wid university.

u can always go bak and apply from ur home country.