ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application Form Filling Help Pls !! traffic off

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

desktop_ie
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application Form Filling Help Pls !! traffic off

Post by desktop_ie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Guys

I was filling the Citizenship application form and got stuck at two questions in the background section. (Please go to Page 8, section 11.Background on Form 8 application form)

I made a traffic offence of speeding last year. It was a fixed charge offence & I paid the fine. 2 penalty points were then added onto my license.

The 2 questions are :

1. Have you ever committed any offences against the laws of Ireland or any overseas country? Do I tick 'Yes' or 'No'
2. Do you have any convictions in the state or any other country (Including Traffic Offences) or any civil Judgements made against you? - I am assuming my answer would be 'No' as I was never convicted in any court.

If I tick 'No 'to both questions where can I specify that I have 2 penalty points for speeding as I want to disclose this information it in the application form.

Tried the free citizenship advice from NCP guys who were very helpful, but I am still not clear..

Appreciate your help guys.

jonny321

Re: Citizenship Application Form Filling Help Pls !! traffic

Post by jonny321 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:34 am

desktop_ie wrote:Hi Guys

I was filling the Citizenship application form and got stuck at two questions in the background section. (Please go to Page 8, section 11.Background on Form 8 application form)

I made a traffic offence of speeding last year. It was a fixed charge offence & I paid the fine. 2 penalty points were then added onto my license.

The 2 questions are :

1. Have you ever committed any offences against the laws of Ireland or any overseas country? Do I tick 'Yes' or 'No'
2. Do you have any convictions in the state or any other country (Including Traffic Offences) or any civil Judgements made against you? - I am assuming my answer would be 'No' as I was never convicted in any court.

If I tick 'No 'to both questions where can I specify that I have 2 penalty points for speeding as I want to disclose this information it in the application form.

Tried the free citizenship advice from NCP guys who were very helpful, but I am still not clear..

Appreciate your help guys.

Only if you went in court, this is not a crime it was fixed fine and you paid...

desktop_ie
Newly Registered

Post by desktop_ie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 pm

jonny321 wrote: Only if you went in court, this is not a crime it was fixed fine and you paid...
Thank you for your reply. So do I tick 'No' to question 1 as well ? Please clarify.

jonny321

Post by jonny321 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 pm

desktop_ie wrote:
jonny321 wrote: Only if you went in court, this is not a crime it was fixed fine and you paid...
Thank you for your reply. So do I tick 'No' to question 1 as well ? Please clarify.
You dont have any Convictions or On Going Proceedings.... So Ans is NO

Irisheddy

Traffic offence

Post by Irisheddy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:41 pm

I think the fact that they specifically mention "Traffic Offences" means that they consider it to be an offence even if it is not very serious.

I would be afraid that if you answered "No" and they checked with the Gardai it might be a black mark against you. Then again they may not check.

If you are worried I would suggest ringing your local station and asking them. You have nothing to lose, and if the Guard says it is OK, ask for his/her name and quote them.

singh07

Post by singh07 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:43 am

has any one know if we have to mention struck out cases in naturalisation case 

i was in court for no nct gaurd didnt came judge strike out case do we have to mention in naturalisation

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:49 am

Mr Singh,

Please refrain asking the same question in 5 different posts. Please note, this is a very helpful forum and keep it as professional as it deserves. Spamming the forum with the same question is not going to help you. instead members will ignore ur questions.

In short, plz ask one question in one post....