ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship Application - Traffic Offences

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Yana31

Irish Citizenship Application - Traffic Offences

Post by Yana31 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:13 am

Apologise if this has been discussed before, however I wasn’t able to find this issue explained in great details.

I have applied for Irish Citizenship on the 1st of Nov 2013 - on the 28th of Nov 2013 I got the first letter acknowledging that they have received my application plus the fee, and then on the 13th of January 2014 I received another letter telling me I have been moved onto Stage 2.

When completing the application I asked numerous lawyer friends and read quite a few articles on different sites about one part in particular Section 11 – BACKGROUND.

Should a traffic fine be mentioned or not? I had one for speeding in 2005/2006 and another one in 2011. I have paid both within a week of getting them, so I thought nothing of them once I’ve paid. I have not mentioned them as I have been told that if I have not been in court and convicted, technically they are just fines, so is the answer to all the questions in this section 11 NO?

It’s extremely ambiguous – they should have a section further below saying FINES!!! :( :shock:

Should I send them a letter stating that I have 2 fines but at the application stage I was unsure if I should mention them or not? Or is it too late?

Its not that I am trying to hide this, as if they want they can find everything about me, however it’s very unclear.

Some light on this area would be great. BTW some sites advise that you need to put NO if not convicted and some sites advise that you should mention everything including FINES.

Section 11: Background

11.1 Tick the appropriate box.
11.2 Tick the appropriate box.
11.3 If applicable, write the date of conviction, judgement or offence.
11.4 If applicable, write the place where the conviction, judgement or offence occurred.
11.5 If applicable, write the outcome.
11.6 to 11.11 Tick the appropriate box for each question.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship Application - Traffic Offences

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:50 am

I know a lot of my friends had traffic related fines (speeding/parking), all of them said “NO” to the section in application form as they have paid the fines immediately. All of them got their approvals. Once you pay the fine, that’s all, it’s not a crime. Yes it will become a crime if you do not pay and end up in court. So, I would say relax and get on your knees and pray to GOD for your approval :lol:

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:16 am

Thanks!

singh07

Post by singh07 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:43 am

has any one know if we have to mention struck out cases in naturalisation case 

i was in court for no nct gaurd didnt came judge strike out case do we have to mention in naturalisation

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:51 am

Mr Singh,

Please refrain asking the same question in 5 different posts. Please note, this is a very helpful forum and keep it as professional as it deserves. Spamming the forum with the same question is not going to help you. instead members will ignore ur questions.

In short, plz ask one question in one post....