ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

parents-visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

parents-visitor visa

Post by Vravi2007 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:07 pm

my parents are above 70 years old and my wife is a nurse and i am -her husband as a dependent. my parents have been visiting us for the past 3 years on a visitor visa which is not more than 6 months. now my wife is pregnant and we want our parents to be in uk for the next one year. is there any way i can convince the homeoffice that their visitor visa can be converted to dependent visa. since the workpermit holder is my wife can she sponsor dependent visa to my parents. also if they leave back to india, within how many months they can come back. we still have to wait for 2 more years for applying for ILR. please advise

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:43 pm

Work Permit holders cannot sponsor parents within the rules. It will have to be an extremely exceptional case to consider this.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!