ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused for my friend Please help if you can<

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Re: Visa Refused for my friend Please help if you can<

Post by hassan5805 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:There are issues with payment plans.
Firstly the colleges do not hold consumer credit licenses. Therefore are unable to legally offer extended credit terms even interest free.
Secondly the recruitment of students who are unable to pay the full fee at the point of enrolment is an indicator of poor recruitment practice. It also brings into question the genuiness of the student. How are they going to generate the funds when the private college students can not work.
Thirdly if a student can not demonstrate the ability to pay the whole fee at enrolment then there is clearly a maintance problem.
With regards to my friend his real brother is british national and hes living with and not paying any rent no money for food n stuff... Hes not working n his brother pay his expebses..if we knew that can cause trouble he can put more money in his account but he thought last time he had got visa so this time too and college people not told him any thing abt it and they were seems to b ok.. I understand where you coming from i wouldnt b helping him if i knew hes cheater or doing something wrongs but hes genuine student n victim of mistake ..He done his Bsc in 3 years time nnow he only got 2 papers pglf acca left with 100% attendence in every semester..Anyways thanks for your reply

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:59 pm

K4 wrote:I am thinking that there might be a misunderstanding by the caseworker but on the other hand I have never heard of payment plans. As Hassan said they did it last time and it went through so I think if you put that argument in your appeal might have a chance. I say do consult a solicitor I know you mention that cannot afford one it only cost £50 for an hour.
Well paying to solicitors not help coz most of the solicitor he talked they dont know about this issue and cheapest one charging about £700 for whole process he saying he ll go himslef and he ll prepare the grounds himself rest leave to god to decide his destiny..Thnks a lot for yr help.. Regards

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Firstly the colleges do not hold consumer credit licenses. Therefore are unable to legally offer extended credit terms even interest free.
Secondly the recruitment of students who are unable to pay the full fee at the point of enrolment is an indicator of poor recruitment practice. It also brings into question the genuiness of the student. How are they going to generate the funds when the private college students can not work.
Thirdly if a student can not demonstrate the ability to pay the whole fee at enrolment then there is clearly a maintance problem.
My friend made 3 installment with college and contract is for 6 month and no need to have consumer credit license please see link if less than. 4 payemnt and plan is less than a year..Regards http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... tebfr6rZ4Q

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:06 am

PaperPusher wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:The simple answer is no. Your friend got lucky the last time he got his visa. That does not confer a right for future applications.
Can you tell me which college issued the CAS on the basis of a payment plan? That college is almost certainly on the road to lossing its licence.
I don't think there is a problem with payment plans per se, that's just another way of saying fees can be paid in installments rather than up front in full. As long as the CAS honestly reflects the fees paid when issued.
Good Morning Paperpusher.

Do you know any Case law with regards to situation?
Will appreciate your response.

Regards

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:40 am

hassan5805 wrote:
My friend made 3 installment with college and contract is for 6 month and no need to have consumer credit license please see link if less than. 4 payemnt and plan is less than a year..Regards http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... tebfr6rZ4Q
Your not seeing the wider issue in regards payment plans. While your friends plan might have come under the radar for consumer credit licence many other agreements don't. LSBF students in this forum have stated they were on monthly paymant plans and various other payment schemes, so the college should have had a consumer credit licence which they don't.

The tightening of the rules In the last 6 months because of the ETS scam plus a general hard hitting approach to maintenance is producing far more cases such as your friend. There was no leeway in the rules before but there was perhaps a more laidback approach to maintenance when your friend applied before. Where it stands now is very clear. If you dont have all your fees paid at the point the CAS is issued you must demonstrate the funds to do so plus your ongoing maintenance.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:03 pm

does anyone know any case law with regards to the Maintenance requirement which goes in favor of students??

Regards

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:30 am

Dear Respected gurus.
Vinny, paperpusher,Sheraz, Amber and Lucpouka...
Is there any case law with regards to above issue or not??
I always believe this forum helped everyone but so far i couldnt get reply this time.

Regards

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Dear Respected gurus.
I always believe this forum helped everyone but so far i couldnt get reply this time.

Regards

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:39 pm

hassan5805 wrote:Dear Respected gurus.

Regards
If the college did not mention full payment no matter how many agreements you do with the college you have to keep that remaining tuition fees on your account. You can't win the appeal. End of story.

Apply fresh with a new CAS but you have to show the maintenance for 9 months and any remaining fees on your account.