ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem with bad attendance and Certificate

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

letrunghoang92
Newly Registered

Problem with bad attendance and Certificate

Post by letrunghoang92 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:49 am

Hi everyone,

I'm having a situation, which is really bad. I have recently studied in UK for the last year, which is my top-up year. But due to some personal problems, plus health problems, I could not pass the course as expected and in order to study for the master degree. As a result, I received a certificate which only confirms that I have finished the course without passing it. I have also have a not really good attendance. I tried to re-apply for the top-up year but they refused because of my bad record and the change of the Tier 4 visa requirements, which is not approve the student to re-apply for the same level of education.

After that, I come back to my hometown and studying an exchange program, which is the top-up year in UK. I am really want to come back to UK to finish the course as I have planned. I have documents, in my hometown, as the evidence to prove that I have suffer the bad health conditional. Is there any chance I can comeback to UK for the Master degree? And if possible, what can i do for the preparation? Thank you.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Problem with bad attendance and Certificate

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:03 am

It is not impossible for you to return but it is highly unlikely.
If you have tried and failed but did not stay on in the UK for a resit etc there is no possibility of returning to the UK to retake the course. It will also preclude you from taking any other course at the same level. You could return to do a higher level but it is unlikely that any reputable organisation would issue you a CAS.
Even if you did get a CAS the next barrier would be the tier 4 interview process, which given your previous history would be a difficult obstacle to overcome.
Reliance on a poor health record would actually mitigate against you as if that is the case did you declare that issue the first time round to your Sponsor. If not why not and if you still suffer from the condition why are you trying to study in the UK when you know there is a problem. That plus your previous failure to pass would almost certainly end in a refusal.

Was it a college or a Uni that you studied at?

letrunghoang92
Newly Registered

Re: Problem with bad attendance and Certificate

Post by letrunghoang92 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:24 am

Hi,

I studied in a university. And the fact is that I have submit the resit assignments but they did not mark it because of my bad record. I know it seems stupid but I did not know what to do during that time because i had problems with my hearing. That's why I tried to do the resit assignments and asked my friends to submit it for me.

If i want to comeback for a higher level of education, what should I do?

Thank you,