ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance visa Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

salma123aslam

fiance visa Pakistan

Post by salma123aslam » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:12 pm

I've applied for a fiance visa on the 26th November 2014 I'm a bit worried because ive applied for a spouse visa and its been refused due to this being my 2nd islamic marriage but my 2nd marriage took place without getting a u.k divorce. I now have a u.k divorce but would like to call my husband ( according to my islamic marriage we are husband/wife) as a fiance due to according to the u.k law my islamic marriage is invalid.

Cut the story short will my fiance visa be accepted even though I've applied for a spouse in the past
Application submitted mirpur 26th november 2014
Application forwarded to islamabad on 26th november 2014
6/02/2015 visa rejected :(
16/02/2015 sent application for appeal
28/03/2015 received pending appeal notice
Review deadline 8th july 2015

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: fiance visa Pakistan

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:29 pm

What's this got to do with Investor visa?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:25 pm

salma123aslam wrote:I've applied for a fiance visa on the 26th November 2014 I'm a bit worried because ive applied for a spouse visa and its been refused due to this being my 2nd islamic marriage but my 2nd marriage took place without getting a u.k divorce. I now have a u.k divorce but would like to call my husband ( according to my islamic marriage we are husband/wife) as a fiance due to according to the u.k law my islamic marriage is invalid.

Cut the story short will my fiance visa be accepted even though I've applied for a spouse in the past
I may be wrong but an Islamic marriage is valid in the uk. When a spouse comes over you can register your marriage too. Saying that

why didn't you apply for a spouse visa? Instead you applied for a fiancé visa? Surely if the Islamic nikah was not valid then all the spouse cases would have to be fiancé applications lol
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Wanderer wrote:What's this got to do with Investor visa?
Where in OP question does it mention Investors visa? for you to ask her this question?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:48 pm

humawakas2014 wrote:
salma123aslam wrote:I've applied for a fiance visa on the 26th November 2014 I'm a bit worried because ive applied for a spouse visa and its been refused due to this being my 2nd islamic marriage but my 2nd marriage took place without getting a u.k divorce. I now have a u.k divorce but would like to call my husband ( according to my islamic marriage we are husband/wife) as a fiance due to according to the u.k law my islamic marriage is invalid.

I may be wrong but an Islamic marriage is valid in the uk. When a spouse comes over you can register your marriage too. Saying that

why didn't you apply for a spouse visa? Instead you applied for a fiancé visa? Surely if the Islamic nikah was not valid then all the spouse cases would have to be fiancé applications lol
The relevant part is highlighted in red. That is where the problem is. The OP got married for a second time without going though the divorce for the first marriage. As such, the Home Office won't recognise the second marriage as it pre-dates the divorce date for the first marriage and they have all the information on record since the OP did apply for a spouse visa for the second marriage which was refused.

Fiance visa is most likely to be refused.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

NZama1

Post by NZama1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:49 am

If however she applied for a spouse visa the 2nd time after getting the uk divorce, wouldnt immigration control still refuse the spouse visa on the basis that the 2nd marriage in the eyes of uk law is not valid as at the time of 2nd marriage she was not free to marry?

so would be good to know which way to best proceed??
FIANCE or SPOUSE

NZama1

Post by NZama1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:49 am

If however she applied for a spouse visa the 2nd time after getting the uk divorce, wouldnt immigration control still refuse the spouse visa on the basis that the 2nd marriage in the eyes of uk law is not valid as at the time of 2nd marriage she was not free to marry?

so would be good to know which way to best proceed??
FIANCE or SPOUSE

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:54 am

The main difference is that for fiancée visas you need to document your relationship and show that you have made arrangements for an official wedding to take place in the UK. After the marriage your wife would have to then apply for leave to remain as a spouse.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:30 pm

This happens fairly frequently. Apply for a fiance visa and 're-marry' in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

spiderman1
Newly Registered

Post by spiderman1 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi Salma
Am in the same boat with exactly the same situation.i have been advised to apply for Faince visa as well.
Did your husband get fiancé visa from Pakistan?
My wife's spouse visa was refused because my divorce case still in the court at the time of nikkah in Pakistan.
Pls advise