ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused: Appeal or not Appeal?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

goldenpig17
Newly Registered

Visa Refused: Appeal or not Appeal?

Post by goldenpig17 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi everyone.
I am from Vietnam. I made a visa application from 30 September 2014 and it was refused today 12 December 2014. The reason for refusal was that I did not have sufficient funds in 28 days before the application was made.
Now I am stuck between 2 decisions: To appeal or not to appeal. This is my first time getting this refusal so I am very confused from other's opinions. To appeal is a very lengthy process that could take months. So I am planning to go back to my country Vietnam and apply for visa there. Is this alright? Will I be able to make a new application in Vietnam after getting refusal here in UK? Moreover, I have not received my passport back yet. Can anybody tell me how to get back the passport if I do not appeal?
This is my first time getting such treatment so I am very worried now and do not know what to do. Please help me.
Thanks all
Attachments
IMG_0145 (1).JPG
The reason for refusal
IMG_0145 (1).JPG (98.02 KiB) Viewed 1009 times

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Visa Refused: Appeal or not Appeal?

Post by bruteforce » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:47 pm

If you didn't have the required funds in your account for 28 days then there is no point in appeal as it would only waste time. You can leave the country and re-apply from there and there should not be any problems in that. You would though need to get a new CAS from your university. Home office may contact you to collect your passport from airport or one of their local offices.

Hope this helps.

searoze

Re: Visa Refused: Appeal or not Appeal?

Post by searoze » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi
As per the document you attached
You need to show around £7500 in your account for 28 days while your bank statement clearly shows that balance fell down to £390 during last 28 days.
Appeal will not help in this situation so the only option is to go back and apply from home country
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong