ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Application Refused because of Advertising Material

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

johncena18
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Application Refused because of Advertising Materi

Post by johncena18 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:34 am

can any body please please suggest some thing
thankyou

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:21 pm

can some one please please reply?
thanks in advance

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:41 pm

You are not going to succeed on any appeal if you have not actually undertaken all the steps required to advertise your business.
Essentially you have flyers and business cards and nothing else. It is not going to convince a judge that you are serious about the business. You did the easy and cheap options but those that involve more funding and were harder to complete.
Sorry it does not look that great for you.

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:08 am

Frontier Mole wrote:You are not going to succeed on any appeal if you have not actually undertaken all the steps required to advertise your business.
Essentially you have flyers and business cards and nothing else. It is not going to convince a judge that you are serious about the business. You did the easy and cheap options but those that involve more funding and were harder to complete.
Sorry it does not look that great for you.
thank you so much frontier mole for taking interest on my case

its not about i only went for cheap advertisement i did online advertisements on yell.com,craigslist,local business website,but all of these were done after 11 july because i was going step by step to start my business, thats how i got 3 contract after this advertisement and i am running my business from a shop i have a contract from landlord i have a place where i serve my customers and i did attach my invoices my tenancy agreement etc,etc,
and in ho discription they did not mention you have to submit each and every thing which we have written here i am also attaching there wording kindly please look at it and answer me briefly if possible
thankyou very much for your time i really appreciate what you are doing God bless you,
i am tensed because i have 50k investment here in the uk business registered on my name running bank account a place for my office they still refused me,

((iii) one or more of the following specified documents covering (either together or
individually) a continuous period commencing before 11 July 2014 up to no earlier
than three months before the date of his application:
(1) advertising or marketing material, including printouts of online
advertising, that has been published locally or nationally, showing the
applicant's name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with
the business activity or, where his business is trading online, confirmation
of his ownership of the domain name of the business’s website,
(2) article(s) or online links to article(s) in a newspaper or other publication
showing the applicant's name (and the name of the business if applicable)
together with the business activity,
(3) information from a trade fair, at which the applicant has had a stand or
given a presentation to market his business, showing the applicant's name
(and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business
activity, or27
(4) personal registration with a UK trade body linked to the applicant's
occupation; and)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:20 am

As at 11 July what exactly did you have in place will be the question that will be put to you in court.
If you have essentially only the invoices for the flyers and business cards and little else the appeal will fail.
It is all about evidence as at 11 July in regards the decision to refuse. It is about the balance of probability that you on 11 July did not have a viable trading enterprise. Given what you have posted about step by step and what happened after the caseworkers judgement is accurate.
Your business might have taken off now but at 11 July if it did not premises, contracts etc it is no more than a couple of supplier invoces.
Have you invested your £50k? If so how much and on what?
That might and I stress might convince the court.

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:13 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:As at 11 July what exactly did you have in place will be the question that will be put to you in court.
If you have essentially only the invoices for the flyers and business cards and little else the appeal will fail.
It is all about evidence as at 11 July in regards the decision to refuse. It is about the balance of probability that you on 11 July did not have a viable trading enterprise. Given what you have posted about step by step and what happened after the caseworkers judgement is accurate.
Your business might have taken off now but at 11 July if it did not premises, contracts etc it is no more than a couple of supplier invoces.
thankyou for your reply and sorry to say this you are trying to tell me that i am not a genuine entrepreneur ,you are taking me case to a new different world my company was trading since june i got my contracts in june my business account was opened before 11 july the only thing was missing from my case is online advertisements with due respect as i said to you earlier HO has mentioned to give one or more in which they have advertising material
and with my little knowledge i think you are a HO lawyer,
thankyou,

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:As at 11 July what exactly did you have in place will be the question that will be put to you in court.
i think you have seen my reply your response is highly appreciated,
thankyou

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:34 am

Given what you have posted IMHO you are unlikely to succeed in your appeal.The HO will argue you did not meet the minimum criteria as at 11 July.
If you think you are going to have a narrow appeal based on the single advertising point I think you will find that will not be the case. Aithough the refusal might be on that point they can and will examine in detail the other aspects of your business in detail. They will put the point that on 11 July your business was not fully formed or viable at that time. Because of the fixed dead line you will have to argue otherwise. One point they will focus on even if you get past that point is how you have invested the £50k so far and what have you turned over in sales etc. profit will get a mention too.
The outcome will hinge on credibility issues and reading between the lines of your posts I am less than convinced you will meet that requirement.
Unless you have other options you will have to appeal to remain in the UK.
I hope the outcome is more positive than the one I predict.
Good luck.

Dan_86
Newly Registered

Post by Dan_86 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:03 pm

johncena could you please give us some update on ur case has ur appeal been accepted if not where u give the right of second appeal? please advise

khandrakhan

Post by khandrakhan » Sat May 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Sorry to hear that

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:15 am

yes dan86 i was given right of appealing my hearing is in june
give me your email or number so i can contact you

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:16 am

Dan_86 wrote:johncena could you please give us some update on ur case has ur appeal been accepted if not where u give the right of second appeal? please advise
yes dan86 i was given right of appealing my hearing is in june
give me your email or number so i can contact you