ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JSA refused to my Husband - He owns a UK Resident Permit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JulianaV

JSA refused to my Husband - He owns a UK Resident Permit

Post by JulianaV » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:29 pm

I received a letter today from JCP. My husband can't claim the benefits. He had a Resident Card based on EEA Route (I'm the EEA in fact and our son is a EEA citizen as well).

We are both job seeking at this time.

The letter says that I supposed to be financially dependent of my husband ????? What ? This will never happen because when my husband is working, he receive in just 1 hour what I receive in a entire day.

And he need to proof his rights of reside in UK ? But the advisor of JCP got a copy of his Resident Card that's says loud and clear his right to reside and work in UK ?

I'm really confuse ! In my mind, according to EU laws, he must have the very same rights that I've, right ? Can someone give me few advices ?

sagareva
BANNED

Re: JSA refused to my Husband - He owns a UK Resident Permit

Post by sagareva » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:58 pm

JulianaV wrote:I received a letter today from JCP. My husband can't claim the benefits. He had a Resident Card based on EEA Route (I'm the EEA in fact and our son is a EEA citizen as well).

The letter says that I supposed to be financially dependent of my husband ????? What ? This will never happen because when my husband is working, he receive in just 1 hour what I receive in a entire day.

And he need to proof his rights of reside in UK ? But the advisor of JCP got a copy of his Resident Card that's says loud and clear his right to reside and work in UK ?

I'm really confuse ! In my mind, according to EU laws, he must have the very same rights that I've, right ? Can someone give me few advices ?

there is a lot of information here but not much detail
in order to say anything, we'd need to know -- your citizenship, length of reisdence in the uk for both of you, for how long you have been excercising treaty rights
and why are they saying you must be financially dependent on your husband? have they had you and your husband confused? or maybe it's your english
it would be helpful to have the text of the letter, with the personal details blacked out obviously
perhaps they are saying that your husband is supposed to be financially dependent on you?
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

JulianaV

Re: JSA refused to my Husband - He owns a UK Resident Permit

Post by JulianaV » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:54 pm

sagareva wrote:
JulianaV wrote:I received a letter today from JCP. My husband can't claim the benefits. He had a Resident Card based on EEA Route (I'm the EEA in fact and our son is a EEA citizen as well).

there is a lot of information here but not much detail
in order to say anything, we'd need to know -- your citizenship, length of reisdence in the uk for both of you, for how long you have been excercising treaty rights
and why are they saying you must be financially dependent on your husband? have they had you and your husband confused? or maybe it's your english
it would be helpful to have the text of the letter, with the personal details blacked out obviously
perhaps they are saying that your husband is supposed to be financially dependent on you?
Believe me...it's not my english...

They received a copy of the EEA Resident Card of my husband (and confirmed it was received) and they said that for this reason I must provide evidences that I support my husband financially - Otherwise he cannot claim benefits. It's crystal clear on the letter.

I'm Hungarian and he is Brazilian, just to answer your question. We arrived here in March, we have a 6 years old son (Dual citizen, Hun/Bra just like me) attending in the school. He used to be a regular work in UK just like me , but for coincidence both are unemployed and job seeking.
We have P45 to proof our previous jobs, we paid taxes and stuff