ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for advice

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DublinGirl

Looking for advice

Post by DublinGirl » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Dear, all
One of my friend asked me a question which i don't know.. Question is if he is married with EU citizen in ireland and then after 1 year he married in his home country he had 2 spouses at the same time but now his EU wife divorced him. Now he want his non EU wife to apply for spouse of irish citizen visa. Will there be a big issue for him or his non EU spouse after submitting the application?
Thankyou

iluvireland

Re: Looking for advice

Post by iluvireland » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:25 pm

If you Irish citizens you have right to bring your wife but it might take time. As friend of mine waiting 3 years . Because he was married before.
Might you don't have to be wait longer as my friend did. He was married same country.

ie.fam
Newly Registered

Re: Looking for advice

Post by ie.fam » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:55 am

Hi DublinGirl,
Here is the complete answer of your question. Please read Section 20 of the following document regarding 'Polygamous Marriage'

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Family%2 ... cument.pdf