ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur Team visa Refused on the Basis of Bank Letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Entrepreneur Team visa Refused on the Basis of Bank Letter

Post by haryharsan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi

I applied for the Entrepreneur visa as a team member, using the PSW route. Both of us have 25K in our personal accounts. We have not got any joint account. provided supported document where declaration has been done from solicitors and also signed consent in favor of each other in front of solicitor.

Reason for refusal is that my bank statement does not show my team member's name and similarly his statement does not show my name.

I am going for appeal but I am a bit confused how to defend myself? Any help will be highly appreciated! Please!!

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:29 pm

hi please help me...

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:59 am

hello guys can u please give me your advise ASAP

rsrameshsunil

Re: Entrepreneur Team visa Refused on the Basis of Bank Lett

Post by rsrameshsunil » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:09 am

haryharsan wrote:Hi

I applied for the Entrepreneur visa as a team member, using the PSW route. Both of us have 25K in our personal accounts. We have not got any joint account. provided supported document where declaration has been done from solicitors and also signed consent in favor of each other in front of solicitor.

Reason for refusal is that my bank statement does not show my team member's name and similarly his statement does not show my name.

I am going for appeal but I am a bit confused how to defend myself? Any help will be highly appreciated! Please!!
From what you have said, you are considering your team member as your third party for rest of the 25k. And your team member is considering you as his third party for rest of 25k.

If that is the case, your refusal says about bank statement. I am not sure if you mean it a letter or statement? If it is a statement then they are correct as statements are only allowed if money is in your name. For third party fundings statements are not allowed. Therefore you should have provided bank letter which should contain both the team members name and say that each has full access.

Right now i can only think of appealing on the basis of evidential flexilblity. You argument could be like: if they did contact you, you could have converted it into a joint account and submitted all the necessary documents in 7 days time.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:48 am

Appeal and also open joint bank account and transfer funds there as it might help u in appeal that funds in joint account now and both have equal access ...... Gud luck n wait for experts advice

Regards

dalaremal

Post by dalaremal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:19 pm

From what you have said, you are considering your team member as your third party for rest of the 25k. And your team member is considering you as his third party for rest of 25k.

If that is the case, your refusal says about bank statement. I am not sure if you mean it a letter or statement? If it is a statement then they are correct as statements are only allowed if money is in your name. For third party fundings statements are not allowed. Therefore you should have provided bank letter which should contain both the team members name and say that each has full access.

Right now i can only think of appealing on the basis of evidential flexilblity. You argument could be like: if they did contact you, you could have converted it into a joint account and submitted all the necessary documents in 7 days time.[/quote]

I went to bank and requested them for giving access to my friend into my bank account as a third party. They said, yes you can give access to your friend into your account as a third party but they denied to give me any sort of a letter or supporting document which should show both names.Now,what should I do? Any advice/opinion Please!

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:57 pm

dalaremal wrote:From what you have said, you are considering your team member as your third party for rest of the 25k. And your team member is considering you as his third party for rest of 25k.

Right now i can only think of appealing on the basis of evidential flexilblity. You argument could be like: if they did contact you, you could have converted it into a joint account and submitted all the necessary documents in 7 days time.

I went to bank and requested them for giving access to my friend into my bank account as a third party. They said, yes you can give access to your friend into your account as a third party but they denied to give me any sort of a letter or supporting document which should show both names.Now,what should I do? Any advice/opinion Please!
dear friend, convert it into a joint account. Then ask for a letter. Bank will automatically include both the names in the letter.

dalaremal

Post by dalaremal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 pm

dear friend, convert it into a joint account. Then ask for a letter. Bank will automatically include both the names in the letter.[/quote]

Thanks. Definitely I will do that but will the judge consider this?

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:33 pm

dalaremal wrote:dear friend, convert it into a joint account. Then ask for a letter. Bank will automatically include both the names in the letter.
Thanks. Definitely I will do that but will the judge consider this?[/quote]

You have to claim on evidential flexibility. Argue that you would have done this and provided the required letter if they had contacted you. Highly likely that judge will consider. But it all depends on the judge.

dalaremal

Post by dalaremal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Thanks. Definitely I will do that but will the judge consider this?[/quote]

You have to claim on evidential flexibility. Argue that you would have done this and provided the required letter if they had contacted you. Highly likely that judge will consider. But it all depends on the judge.[/quote]

Does it not come under "change of circumstances"?

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:55 pm

dalaremal wrote:Thanks. Definitely I will do that but will the judge consider this?

You have to claim on evidential flexibility. Argue that you would have done this and provided the required letter if they had contacted you. Highly likely that judge will consider. But it all depends on the judge.

we have only 10 working days... i don't think its enough time to convert and deposit all money in that joint account getting statement.

Did u contact any of your legal adviser how to handle this situation.?

My lawyer said " get a letter on their letter head stating that they can't provide letter in that format as you requested by UKBA" and we give explanation about the situation on covering letter.

this is what he said ....

i am asking experts here " is that okay " can i go in that way or not. please let me experts, and valuable advise ASAP

Khizar

Team applicants refusal on basis of bank letter

Post by Khizar » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:55 pm

I have had exactly same case. (Team application 25k each in separate bank accounts).
UKBA refused me on same grounds & I also submitted declaration.

I have lodged appeal and my solicitor has advised me that their is no need for joint bank account and he will win this case 100% as according to the rules of FSA it is not possible for the banks to issue that letter having names of the both applicants plus JOINT account is not the requirement of UKBA.

Go for appeal and hire a experienced solicitor barrister ..
Joint account is not compulsory

qkiyani
Pakistan

Re: Team applicants refusal on basis of bank letter

Post by qkiyani » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:57 am

Khizar wrote:I have had exactly same case. (Team application 25k each in separate bank accounts).

I have lodged appeal and my solicitor has advised me that their is no need for joint bank account and he will win this case 100% as according to the rules of FSA it is not possible for the banks to issue that letter having names of the both applicants plus JOINT account is not the requirement of UKBA.

i think joining account is compulsory bcaz without that both of u dont hav access to complete 50k n providing affidavit is not compulsory... even if u win the appeal on evidential flexibility still ukba can ask u to show u hav access to 50k.

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:01 am

haryharsan wrote:
dalaremal wrote:Thanks. Definitely I will do that but will the judge consider this?

we have only 10 working days... i don't think its enough time to convert and deposit all money in that joint account getting statement.

Did u contact any of your legal adviser how to handle this situation.?

My lawyer said " get a letter on their letter head stating that they can't provide letter in that format as you requested by UKBA" and we give explanation about the situation on covering letter.

this is what he said ....

i am asking experts here " is that okay " can i go in that way or not. please let me experts, and valuable advise ASAP
u got 10 days to lodge the appeal grounds n after that u got 10 more days to send evidence.n i think thats sufficient time to joint the account n get the statements

kashnex

Post by kashnex » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:45 am

qkiyani wrote:
Khizar wrote:I have had exactly same case. (Team application 25k each in separate bank accounts).

i think joining account is compulsory bcaz without that both of u dont hav access to complete 50k n providing affidavit is not compulsory... even if u win the appeal on evidential flexibility still ukba can ask u to show u hav access to 50k.
Boss if you don't believe that 2+2=4 than how could you expect case worker to work out 25+25= 50 ..... there is no need of joint account.....
if there was no need of legal Doc./paper(s) or affidavit to support your doc. from solicitor then these legal rep. would have been selling eggs (unday) on the cart

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:48 am

kashnex wrote:
qkiyani wrote:

Boss if you don't believe that 2+2=4 than how could you expect case worker to work out 25+25= 50 ..... there is no need of joint account.....
if there was no need of legal Doc./paper(s) or affidavit to support your doc. from solicitor then these legal rep. would have been selling eggs (unday) on the cart

So.. what is you advise....?

dalaremal

Post by dalaremal » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Provision of a joint account at the time of appeal,while we had separates ones at the time of our application,Does it come under "change of circumstances"?

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:30 am

kashnex wrote:
qkiyani wrote:

My friend read the policy guidance first...In policy guidance it is clearly mentioned that both team shud hav access to complete 50k not 25k...
if u hav 25k in ur account how u hav acces to other 25k in ur team member account... Logically both team members can only hav access to complete 50k if they hav joint account.

i know where u coming from that as a team members we have 50k to invest but thats not their requirement after 31 jan thats y they dont acknowledge affidavit or declaration.... i am going through the same situation but dont give them the chance to dismiss ur appeal

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:34 am

kashnex wrote:
qkiyani wrote:

thanx 4 undays ..... i know meanings of egg... :)

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:00 am

In accordance with UKBA policy an applicant under ENT T1 is required to demonstrate that he has access to amounts of money of 50k or 200k.The best satisfaction for them is to be a bank account in the applicant's name or of third party.However,third party funding applications are almost refused for want of name in the account of third party.To put your name in another account is against the bank policy.

You have provided consent letter in favour of each other for the access of amounts of money in your accounts, that is perfect. The tribunal will consider this evidence as by law bank cannot put any third person name in another account.

Let me clarify the Evidential Flexibilty.The criteria for this in the UKBA is yet to be exercised when there is a case leading to approval. Therefore ,the court may consider but it will look first to the documents provided at the time of application. Your case is good ,don't be dishearted and go straight in appeal.

Good luck.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

aspirant12
Newly Registered

Post by aspirant12 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi,

has anyone has any success in a similar case as above. me and my entrepreneur team member had submitted solicitor letter and declaration etc as the funds were in my bank account and we could not change my account into joint bank account or open a new one because my passport was with home office for replacement of lost biometric.

I have received letter last week that home office is willing to reconsider my case provided i cancel the JR and on the other hand they have refused my team member's application and said we will not consider his application as his name was not on the bank statement.

Did anyone have any success during jr for such a case?

aspirant12
Newly Registered

Post by aspirant12 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi,

I am unable to view any private messages on this website. if anyone has any suggestions you can email me on trading1302@gmail.com or you can post a reply here.

Thanks

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:05 am

one team member who had complete access to 50k will get his visa while the other one will b refused bcaz he dont have access to 50k. HO dont accept declarations from solicitors , they just want joint account for both applicants n ful access to 50 k

aspirinduan
Newly Registered

Post by aspirinduan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:08 am

Hello, I'm having the same issue, and I'm going to apply next week.

I have the investment funds in my account, for some reason we didn't open a joint account.

Our solicitor said it's ok in one team member's account, because we are applying as a team...

I have full access to 200k. Do I need to write a declaration for my team member?

Has any one has success in the same situation?