ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please, need some clarifications for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paladin
Newly Registered

Please, need some clarifications for ILR

Post by paladin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Hello Gurus/Senior members,

I've got an appointment for ILR in January first week and trying to do a mock up application fill. Following are the things I need some clarification. I'm sorry for the long list and your help would be much appreciated.
  1. 1 main applicant and 2 dependants (wife & daughter) - that is 3 SET(O) forms I need to fill in right?
  2. Paid full fee while booking the appointment. Is it OK to leave the payment section blank? Do I need 3 copies of payment confirmation?
  3. Section 6 - 6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first entered the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based. -- I've been in UK since October 2004 but got Tier 1 (General) visa on 30 Jan 2010. I should put 30.01.2010 here right?
  4. I've been to India thrice in the last 3 years using my annual paid leave. Do I need letter from my employer for these absences? None of these are longer than 25 days.
  5. 7.11 - How long have you lived in the UK? -- I need to answer "10 years 3 months" right?
  6. 10.13 - Date your fingerprints were taken -- I don't remember the exact date? What to do?
  7. 11L For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. -- Is this referring to my first Tier 1 application? What documents I need to show? I found the letter from Home Office confirming visa and allocating points. Is this enough?
Thanks once again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please, need some clarifications for ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:55 pm

paladin wrote:Hello Gurus/Senior members,

I've got an appointment for ILR in January first week and trying to do a mock up application fill. Following are the things I need some clarification. I'm sorry for the long list and your help would be much appreciated.
  1. 1 main applicant and 2 dependants (wife & daughter) - that is 3 SET(O) forms I need to fill in right? One form for all of you
  2. Paid full fee while booking the appointment. Is it OK to leave the payment section blank? Do I need 3 copies of payment confirmation? You don't need the payment sheet if you have already paid. Take your worldpay email with you.
  3. Section 6 - 6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first entered the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based. -- I've been in UK since October 2004 but got Tier 1 (General) visa on 30 Jan 2010. I should put 30.01.2010 here right? Probably date of Tier 1 granted is correct
  4. I've been to India thrice in the last 3 years using my annual paid leave. Do I need letter from my employer for these absences? None of these are longer than 25 days. Not too sure for Tier 1
  5. 7.11 - How long have you lived in the UK? -- I need to answer "10 years 3 months" right? If that is how long it is then yes, they have your records.
  6. 10.13 - Date your fingerprints were taken -- I don't remember the exact date? What to do? When you did your Tier 1, you could put month and year
  7. 11L For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. -- Is this referring to my first Tier 1 application? What documents I need to show? I found the letter from Home Office confirming visa and allocating points. Is this enough? Have you read the Set(O) guide or done some research on the forum, many questions and answers provided on this
Thanks once again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paladin
Newly Registered

Post by paladin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Thanks for your help CR001. Thank you very much.

I've searched the forum (sorry, I should have done this first). 11L - this only applies if I was on another visa category before I got Tier 1 (General) which I'm now using towards my five years time period. This is not my case as I'm using Tier 1 (General) category for whole five years.

Thanks again.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

CR001 wrote:
paladin wrote:Hello Gurus/Senior members,

1. 1 main applicant and 2 dependants (wife & daughter) - that is 3 SET(O) forms I need to fill in right? One form for all of you
  2. Paid full fee while booking the appointment. Is it OK to leave the payment section blank? Do I need 3 copies of payment confirmation? You don't need the payment sheet if you have already paid. Take your worldpay email with you.
  3. Section 6 - 6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first entered the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based. -- I've been in UK since October 2004 but got Tier 1 (General) visa on 30 Jan 2010. I should put 30.01.2010 here right? Probably date of Tier 1 granted is correct
  4. I've been to India thrice in the last 3 years using my annual paid leave. Do I need letter from my employer for these absences? None of these are longer than 25 days. Not too sure for Tier 1
  5. 7.11 - How long have you lived in the UK? -- I need to answer "10 years 3 months" right? If that is how long it is then yes, they have your records.
  6. 10.13 - Date your fingerprints were taken -- I don't remember the exact date? What to do? When you did your Tier 1, you could put month and year
  7. 11L For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. -- Is this referring to my first Tier 1 application? What documents I need to show? I found the letter from Home Office confirming visa and allocating points. Is this enough? Have you read the Set(O) guide or done some research on the forum, many questions and answers provided on this
Thanks once again.

Regarding 7.11 :- I have been in UK for 1 year 2 month on tier2 visa during 2007, After that i have a gap of 2 years and i reentered again in 2010 on tier1 visa, So i will be eligible for ILR some time in 2015. Whether i need to answer 4 years 11 months 2 days or ( 4 y 11 m 2 d + 1 y 2m ) i.e 6 years 1 month 2 days ?

Please help me.

Regards,
Suresh

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:38 am

Hi CR001,
Could you please clarify my doubt above.

Regards,
Suresh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:50 am

granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant
That is the relevant answer. I don't think your previous visa is relevant as you had a substantial gap between and therefore can't really be counted towards ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant
That is the relevant answer. I don't think your previous visa is relevant as you had a substantial gap between and therefore can't really be counted towards ILR.

Thanks , got clarified.. thanks a lot