ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visitor Visa for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ambarishnanda
Newly Registered

General Visitor Visa for Parents

Post by ambarishnanda » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi There.

I have tried finding out all information but still not sure about what all documents i need to provide to sponsor. Hence request your help to clarify.

I am currently in UK under Tier 2 ICT Visa. I understand that if I want to bring my parents then they have to come here as General Visitor as I cannot invite anyone as per my VISA.
Hence in order to apply for general Visitor Visa i have the following queries

1) Can I sponsor one of my parent and my Wife sponsor my other parent as we both are working here. As she will be daughter in law to my parents.
2) Is it mandatory to have 3 months salary slip? As my wife was working till June and then she started working from September hence she has only 2 continous Salary Slip.
3) can we show multiple account bank statements which is used by us to show that we can sponsor my parents while they stay here.
4) Do I need to mention in the letter of Invite that I can sponsor my parents and the reason for them to return back is
i)My Visa will expire by May 2015 hence i have to go back.
ii) Property details in India
iii) My sister has a family and living in India hence they will go back
What other reasons can be considered as a valid reason for returning back? I can then see if that would be applicable for me to mention?
5) What are the Documents required to be produced as a Sponsor? Pay Slips, Bank Account Statement, Letter of Invitation, House Agreement, Utility Bills, Parents Bank Statements, Property Papers. IS there anything else that I might have missed?

Thanks. Looking forward for help.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: General Visitor Visa for Parents

Post by MPH80 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:17 pm

1) You can both jointly sponsor both parents

2) It's much better to have more evidence than just 2 payslips. But if you're both jointly sponsoring both - it would just be a bonus I suspect

3) Yes - you can. Keep in mind that the more bank account evidence you show - the harder it becomes for the ECO to pick it all out and work out what money is generally available to sponsor them. So if you are going to send multiple - lay it out clearly for them in the covering letter (e.g. "I'm sending x bank account statements. Bank account Y is our general salary account, Bank Account Z holds our savings and has £a in it")

4) Your visa expiry has no baring on their likelyhood to return. The other factors are good. Jobs and money are generally the other factors you can show to return

5) Those are all good for sponsorship. You should show evidence of anything you're asserting in the application - so if you're saying they have family there - you need evidence of that.

ambarishnanda
Newly Registered

Post by ambarishnanda » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks MPH80.

Can you please tell me what would normally be the content of the employer reference letter?

Am i Just required to get a letter stating i have been working with them from xx time and earning a salary of xx amount? Or do they have to mention my parents name as well in the letter? Thanks.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:33 pm

No need for the parents letter - a generic 'I can confirm that person x has been employed in the position of Y for a period of Z years earning A pounds'.

But - honestly - your payslips will work fine for that.

ambarishnanda
Newly Registered

Post by ambarishnanda » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi MPH80,

Can you please tell me, if I need to write a Sponsorship letter or if I fill out Form SU07/12 is enough? Thanks.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:59 pm

Don't fill out SU07/12 - it's not required.

Just write the letter.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Don't forget that they should show strong ties to their home country.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ambarishnanda
Newly Registered

Post by ambarishnanda » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:54 am

Is Bank Statement of 3 months enough or 6 months is required? Thanks.

ambarishnanda
Newly Registered

Post by ambarishnanda » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:54 am

Hi MPH80,

My Parents got their VISA today. Thanks for all your help and informtion.

Can you please tell me if it is mandatory to have a Health Insurance for the duration they will live here? Thanks.

-Ambarish

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Travel health insurance is not mandatory for UK visitors.
It's however recommended to stay insured in case they may require medical treatment. Emergency treatment at A&E - without needing hospitalisation - is free.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:34 pm

ban.s wrote:Travel health insurance is not mandatory for UK visitors.
It's however recommended to stay insured in case they may require medical treatment. Emergency treatment at A&E - without needing hospitalisation - is free.
It is advisable to have insurance to avoid any large medical bills.
Only treatment on the A&E ward is free, therefore any x-rays will need to be paid for, as will any treatment as an out patient and any medication, operations, stays in hospital.

From 2015/6, treatment in the A&E department will no longer be free. This change comes in under the Immigration Act 2014.

silk route

Post by silk route » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi ambarishnanda,

I am struggling to get visa for my parents. It's been refused once. I did not show proper evidence for their tie-up with india.
Could you please advice what evidence you shown for relatives like daughter living with their family in india ? Is it enought to write in cover letter that two daughters living with their family in india? OR i have to submitt some evidence to prove that....like letter from daughters ? I have shown their property details last time but it didn't work.

Appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks...

Silkroute