ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependent Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lovingjut
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Dependent Visa

Post by lovingjut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:17 am

Hi i am zeeshan i came uk in 2009 on student visa in October 2012 i applied tier 1 entrepreneur visa but i have not received reply yet its been 2 years now then now i vary my case and send application on tier 4 dependent visa on 20 sep 2014 i received acknowledgement latter on 23 but i have not received bio metric latter yet any one here who is going with same issue or any one who can guide me how long it take to receive bio metric latter these days ?? or please email me X33s4an_90@yahoo.com

lovingjut
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Dependent Visa

Post by lovingjut » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Can anyone please help me out in this matter

htrmi
Newly Registered

Post by htrmi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:51 pm

hi there,

i applied for tier 4 visa and got it within 1 week after my interviiew but the wierd thing is they diid nt sennd anything for my dependent .... no passport no rejection letter nothing .... its been almost 3 weeks m waiting....

previously i was on psw and he was my dependent and now i got admission in a highly trusted colg .. m scared bcoz other ukvi r doing different things with ppl ...... in my class 4 ppl got visa and their dependent get visa with working rights..... one's dependent got visa but without working right...... and ppl like me who r still waiting for their dependents....... if there is a rule like privte colgs dependent cant get visa then how come ukvi gave visa to few ppl's dependent ......

i dnt understand what shall i do now...... can anyone suggests me something....

right now m doing cima ..... shall i swiitch to phd (now no appeal right frm here scared me most) or tier 2 ......

anyone suggest anytihng plz?????
thanks

foxtrot1234
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Dependent Visa & lower maintenance fund enquiry

Post by foxtrot1234 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi Vinny and others,
please I need your help regarding this information. I have established presence in UK now in HNC course in private college and i want to start new different course (HNC and HND Courses) in Publicly funded college (Highly trusted sponsor) in Sept 2015.
1. I want to know whether I can apply together with my spouse in my home country
2. Whether my wife (dependent) can work full time during my 2years visa (tier 4 student visa).
3. Do we entitle to lower maintenance fund when both apply together in my home country? Because I will be establish presence in UK by June 2015 before I apply for my new course.
4. I want to know whether HND course qualify me to work 10hours per week and my spouse to work full time in UK during my study.
5. UKVI stated that if you are the family member (dependent) of a Tier 4 (General) student, you will not be allowed to work whilst in the UK if the main applicant’s grant of leave is for a course of study below degree level, unless the Tier 4 migrant is a government sponsored student.
6. I want to know whether HND course is classified as course of study below degree level.

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:35 am

foxtrot1234 wrote:Hi Vinny and others,
please I need your help regarding this information. I have established presence in UK now in HNC course in private college and i want to start new different course (HNC and HND Courses) in Publicly funded college (Highly trusted sponsor) in Sept 2015.
1. I want to know whether I can apply together with my spouse in my home country
2. Whether my wife (dependent) can work full time during my 2years visa (tier 4 student visa).
3. Do we entitle to lower maintenance fund when both apply together in my home country? Because I will be establish presence in UK by June 2015 before I apply for my new course.
4. I want to know whether HND course qualify me to work 10hours per week and my spouse to work full time in UK during my study.
5. UKVI stated that if you are the family member (dependent) of a Tier 4 (General) student, you will not be allowed to work whilst in the UK if the main applicant’s grant of leave is for a course of study below degree level, unless the Tier 4 migrant is a government sponsored student.
6. I want to know whether HND course is classified as course of study below degree level.
1. Why you want to apply in your home country? Is your dependent still in overseas? If yes then you have to fulfill either of the two conditions which are -

You are government-sponsored and your course is longer than six months OR
You are doing a postgraduate level course of 12 months or longer at a publicly-funded Higher Education Institution or a 'recognised body' (see Definitions)

If your dependent is already with you then you have to fulfill all the conditions stated below -

your permission is current or expired no more than three months before this immigration application AND
your new immigration application is for a course that is longer than six months AND
your dependants already have Tier 4 dependant or 'student' dependant immigration permission (or it is the most recent immigration permission that they had, and it expired no more than three months before this application) AND
you apply for immigration permission at the same time as your dependant

From your information it seems like your wife is in overseas and this is the first time you are applying her as your dependent so you are not allowed to bring her as you are not studying a level 7 course at a HEI or a recognized body which means University.

HND course is a Level 5 course and below degree level

sonheaven

Post by sonheaven » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:07 am

lovingjut wrote:Hi i am zeeshan i came uk in 2009 on student visa in October 2012 i applied tier 1 entrepreneur visa but i have not received reply yet its been 2 years now then now i vary my case and send application on tier 4 dependent visa on 20 sep 2014 i received acknowledgement latter on 23 but i have not received bio metric latter yet any one here who is going with same issue or any one who can guide me how long it take to receive bio metric latter these days ?? or please email me X33s4an_90@yahoo.com
Hello how's your situation now? You should be ablve to get the biometric letter in or about 1-2 weeks after 23 Sept.

Do you need to urgently apply for the student visa? and hows your T1 entrepreneur? Where are you from?

foxtrot1234
Newly Registered

Post by foxtrot1234 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:20 am

Thanks Shaq1 for prompt reply.
but HND course is classified as degree level in uk (start from Level 4 to 7) and from level 1 to 3 is below degree level. My HND course will be with publicly funded college (HEI). The degree level is not only bachelor and master according to this link: http://www.colchester.ac.uk/courses/course-levels/

Tier 4 – dependants:

Tier 4 (General) students who are studying in the UK for six months or longer can bring dependants to the UK provided they:

- are a government sponsored student who has or is applying for leave for a course of study that is longer than six months
- are studying a course that is 12 months or more at a recognised body or a UK higher education institute (HEI) which is at post-graduate level
- are applying for or have been granted leave to remain as a Tier 4 (General) student on the doctorate extension scheme, or
- have or have last had leave as a Tier 4 (General) migrant or as a student for a course of study that is more than six months long, and:
- have had this leave within the three months immediately preceding the date of the
application
- be applying for a course of study of more than six months, and
- be applying for leave at the same time as the family member.

pls check this links as well: http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... s/Working/

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

foxtrot1234 wrote:Thanks Shaq1 for prompt reply.
but HND course is classified as degree level in uk (start from Level 4 to 7) and from level 1 to 3 is below degree level. My HND course will be with publicly funded college (HEI). The degree level is not only bachelor and master according to this link: http://www.colchester.ac.uk/courses/course-levels/
HND is a foundation degree level course which is combind of level 4 and 5 and when you are doing top up degree then its a level 6 course. Unless your college is showing on the CAS that you are doing a 3 years course and the course level is 6 then there's no point of arguing and trying to prove that you are doing a Level 6 course. Please check your offer letter to find out the level. And also as I have mentioned if your dependent is not already in the UK then there's no point discussing all these matters as you can't bring her unless you are studying a level 7 course at a University or you are a government sponsored student.

foxtrot1234
Newly Registered

Post by foxtrot1234 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Many thanks, sorry for late respone Shaq1.