ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reconsideration waiting time and JR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fall
Newly Registered

Re: Reconsideration waiting time and JR

Post by Fall » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:05 pm

He'llo guys,

I just found here luckily since I have the same problem with HO. I applied fiancee visa before 09 jul 2012 but was granted as 30 month spouse visa on jan 2013 by same day service. Unfortunately I didn't realize it was the mistake until now when I have booked premium service for my ILR next week. I feel very panic now. I have wrote a letter to croydon to ask whether I can apply for ILR on time since my spouse visa was obviously wrong. I understand reconsideration needs to send out with 3 months after visa is granted. But still want to know whether I have any chance to apply for ILR directly since I am actually eligible to apply for it even if last visa was wrong?? Any suggestion please?? Is it possible to talk to their manager to point out their mistake during the premium service to get it corrected? I thought correcting a mistake caused by them were very easy for them but for this thread, it seems very difficult. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:35 am

I dont want to hijack the thread but had almost same query regarding the reconsideration so posting the question in this thread.

I applied FLR(M) for my wife after getting ILR on ten year basis myself. My wife came in Jan 2012. I was hoping after getting flr(M) for my wife i will apply set (M) for her but UKBA refused her visa on the basis that she applied after the 28 days of her expiry of visa and grant her family life route visa becoming eligible for settlement after 10 years. I applied for her within the 28 days of expiry of visa. I got UKBA decision on 28th May 2014.

I requested for reconsideration on 8th June 2014, till date i got no reply from UKBA regarding the reconsideration. I sent them PAP in Dec 2014. I was not aware i have to apply for judicial review within three months of visa decision.

I want to know can i go for Judicial review at this stage, or its too late. Any other way of applying for settlement early or only way is to wait for 10 years now???
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:13 pm

??

Fall
Newly Registered

Post by Fall » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:33 pm

Sorry can't give you opinion since I am bothered by the same problem. I haven't received any reply from Ukiv yet,not sure about their procedure. Did you ever check with them Ukiv public inquiry number or complaint email to ask the status?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:57 pm

If the JR is delayed, it is worth applying for an extension of time, stating the reasons why the extension is been sought.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

diehard

Post by diehard » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:32 am

Hi Obie
Can u advise pls which form do I fill to claim cost and do I need to give any proof of phone calls or recorded deliveries sent to ho and tsol. Many thanks

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:27 am

Obie wrote:If the JR is delayed, it is worth applying for an extension of time, stating the reasons why the extension is been sought.
Hello Obie,

Was your reply meant for me????

Can you please let me know how the extension of time works and how its going to help me in my case. I will really appreciate. Thanks

diehard

Post by diehard » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi guys
got my ILR and also costs from HO... :D :D :D :D :D :D
good luck and God Bless
thanks all

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi all members
Just to update u guys as u know I am fighting with HO for my wife ILR and put reconsideration , protocol letter , complaint letter etc as it was wrongly refused
Yesterday By the grace of God I got phone call from HO saying that they have overturn the decision and giving ILR to my wife we will get ILR card in 5 working days
I still don't believe until I seen card myself pray for me I will update u
Just want to know does Dx do delivery on Saturday I am calling them since morning and on hold no answers if not delivery on Saturday then this 3 days gonna b three years 4 me

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:56 pm

Miangee wrote:Hi all members
Just to update u guys as u know I am fighting with HO for my wife ILR and put reconsideration , protocol letter , complaint letter etc as it was wrongly refused
Yesterday By the grace of God I got phone call from HO saying that they have overturn the decision and giving ILR to my wife we will get ILR card in 5 working days
I still don't believe until I seen card myself pray for me I will update u
Just want to know does Dx do delivery on Saturday I am calling them since morning and on hold no answers if not delivery on Saturday then this 3 days gonna b three years 4 me

did they ask u to send the current brp and passport back ? and if they did, after how many days they called u ?

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:02 pm

Hi no I have not send anything she said to me I have cancelled old and have order new ILR card for u and letter in post so just destroy old one or send us back
Let see but I could not contact with dx today

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:10 pm

congrats bro . u will getthe brp soon

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:47 am

Hi diehardn and Miangee.

congratulations both of you......this is actually big successes by fighting home office without solicitors... etc.
best of luck for both off u for u future ....

ali

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:56 pm

Hurra .....yahoo I have won the battle against home office
Today I received my wife ILR BRP delivered by DX at 7.20 pm so at last HO admit their blunder mistake and 4 months painful period has ended.
Great thanks all members whose helped and given boost to fight with HO
And I would say never give up fight for your right good luck for all of you guys
Thanks

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Miangee wrote:Hi
My wife ILR application was refused unlawfully even she was applied flr m before April 2014 and was granted 2 years visa she was here from 2007 so we have applied ilr which was refused and 2 year visa was cancelled saying that it was error and was given her 29 month visa.even they have mentioned wrong dates on refusal letter.

as per members advised i have written them reconsideration letter its nearly two month now i have not received any response so kindly advice me what to do. can i send them PREACTION PROTOCOL LETTER and if yes i hope that will not impact negative and what will happen my reconsideration request some one told me that will be null and void and HO can give you more trouble as they might ask some more documents.

kindly help me out can should i write PAP letter myself or i must need to go solicitor if yes any one got template for that letter and where to send
thanks
Dear, what was happened with you at last. You are genius. I'm experiencing the same problem. Remedy please.