ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVICE NEED, want to see letter of previous uk refusa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

URGENT ADVICE NEED, want to see letter of previous uk refusa

Post by robsters » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:13 am

so we are applying for C entry visa for my wife and before we were married we tried for uk visitor visa so she could meet my family before the wedding but we got refused and told to reapply with the extra paperwork to prove our relationship to each other, however we decided not to bother reapplying. now we are applying for ireland as i have family there etc for xmas visit, however they emailed back to us today asking about UK Visa refusal and if we have the letter, is it a good or bad idea to show this letter? as in my view the letter they wrote at the time was not for nice reading considering we were genuine people.

i am worried whatever we do now we might get refused the irish visa, we applied under the EU Directive and wrote a letter stating this

any advice asap because we are going in the morning to talk to them

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT ADVICE NEED, want to see letter of previous uk re

Post by banana07 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:27 am

Man they have one sustem and they will catch it and if they discovered that you concealed info they will ban you for 5 plus years from applying.. Say the truth that you got a refusal in oast 5 years and submit a copy of refusal letter and try to justify it otherwise u r in bad books for 5 or 10 years.. I saw a lot of ppl done that and ruined their chances in many other countries
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:47 am

thank you, yeah we plan to go there tomorrow with the letter but i feel worried we will get refused because of the previous refusal, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't either way we lose but as you said worse to try cover it up. its very frustrating :( thanks for the advise. we were honest we were refused just didn't realise we had to submit the letter as well thats the reason there asking for the letter now....are we still likely to get the irish visa?

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:33 am

man, I saw it a lot in the US.. the ppl who hide such history immediate refusal, the others who mention it and justify it (so long as the reason is not crazy) they always get approved. if your situation changed since last refusal then you defo will get it.. do not worry and do not look dodgy, wear well, talk well and be calm and appreciative (not arse licking) and reasonable in your justification

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:39 am

The only reason it was refused before was we didn't prove our relationship to each other and the uk having crazy anti immigration rules at the moment, at the time we didn't bother to reapply with the extra paper work as it was expensive and timely and we were planning to get married anyway, just hope it not going to cause further issue now but as you said honestly is the best, my worry is because ireland is link to the uk they will say we using ireland to get into the uk and denie it :/ but under the EU rule they cannot denie us for previously refused visa from the uk but i heard them make this an issue for others. still we take the refusal letter in tomorrow and hope for the best

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:43 am

robsters wrote:The only reason it was refused before was we didn't prove our relationship to each other and the uk having crazy anti immigration rules at the moment, at the time we didn't bother to reapply with the extra paper work as it was expensive and timely and we were planning to get married anyway, just hope it not going to cause further issue now but as you said honestly is the best, my worry is because ireland is link to the uk they will say we using ireland to get into the uk and denie it :/ but under the EU rule they cannot denie us for previously refused visa from the uk but i heard them make this an issue for others. still we take the refusal letter in tomorrow and hope for the best
well, this is a silly reason for rejection in the eyes of immigration here in ireland compared to other reasons... your chances are very high if you bring proof of relationship to defeat the original rejection

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:59 am

yeah hopefully we be ok, only thing that upsets me is some the stuff they wrote in this letter was factually wrong, feels like we paying the price for everyones mistake not doing there job properly and not knowing the law! but we are married now so if they make a big thing out of this then i will fight to prove we are genuine people, you are right it was a dumb reason to refuse my partner at the time. because she from a poor country they just literally just made there minds up on the assumption she run away. very arrogant decision making from the uk.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi Robster,

My husband and I had the same issue, mention the UK refusal. His type C visa was actually refused because of his UK refusal but I didn't give up and I contacted solvit. The issue was resolved within 2 weeks.

As long as you intent to come to Ireland and exercise your treaty rights be completely honest and keep all correspondence as evidence, hopefully it won't get as far as solvit.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi there

yeah i hope for us it won't become a problem i think i already spoken to you on here and heard your story, i am prepared to contact solvit incase the same happens to us. what was your husband reasons for uk refusal? because for us it was because we didn't prove our relationship before we were married

either way i feel like we are losers because of the UK Visa from before

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi Robster,
My husbands UK visa was refused becos they said he didn't have enough ties in our home country, even though I relocated there and I had a job. All that evidence was sent but they still refused. We only wanted to visit my mum for Xmas.
But as I said no matter how long Irish embassy delays they still have to obey n succumb to EU law. So be honest and get solvit involved as soon as they refuse ur appeal.

But make sure you follow it through

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:04 am

you think they will refuse us as well ? :( i put on the application our family in ireland surely that will help? we wrote a letter we were applying under the eu directive

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi Robster,
As I said be completely honest, am not saying the will refuse but if they do there is another way round. The visa officer purposely asked to see the UK refusal letter even tho it's irrelevant to ur application. They might want to use the UK refusal as an excuse too so just be prepared.

Good luck n fingers crossed it will all work out

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:21 am

yeah we've been completely honest with them, we told them we had a visa refused wasnt anything to do with us its because the uk service let us down and all poltics in uk at the moment with anti immigration. I hope just simply need the letter just for there records and thats it....but as you said they asked for the letter for a reason :/ but yeah me and my wife are prepared to stick it out to the bitter end we are genuine people who follow the rules and should not be punished for it in my view.

thanks for all your advise and thoughts i will let you know what happens...prey for us and my wife she deserves this she been through so much this year already losing her dad and she always an honest person

Josy
Newly Registered

Post by Josy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:05 am

Hi,
My husband's application under the Directive 2004/38/EC was also refused because did not submit his refusal letter with his application.He wrote a letter that he did not keeps copies of his refusal letters for 2007 and May 2014 but the Visa officer was not satisfied with this. However, we are appealing and he is now able to find one his refusal letter for 2007 for his HSMP application. He was refused because the Visa Officer says he does not have enough money in his account to support him before he gets a job.

I hope the letter will help our appeal

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:25 am

Hello

it is crazy i said this to my wife that its a good job i kept the letter as on the day of reading it i felt like ripping it up and throwing it in the bin with the emotions on the day being refused but luckily we did not do that!!! but what surprises me is this information is not on a data base for them to access!! if someone was refused a visa then surely they can obtain the information why without the letter from the applicant providing the applicant told the truth they were refused in the past.....to me it is all very strange and seems like an easy way just to make 1 refused visa ruins someone life forever...least you found one letter and writing an additional letter will at least help, maybe you could ask the original country of origin if they kept a copy and if it was 2014 it might still be possible to obtain a copy of that refused letter from the home office of that country who refused you (uk?) they should also understand some countrys like the uk are just denieing everyone at the moment due to the poltics in those countries about immigration. what i find most insulting is when its a citizen of that country trying to bring a family member or even a clsoe friend or loved one with them. Providing there proof there really should be zero reason to refuse anyone in those circumstances. how much money someone has is unfair

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi Robster,
any update on ur application?

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:13 am

Nope nothing yet....it be 5 weeks exactly tomorrow since we submitted our paper work and 6 weeks since the online application, i believe they count from when we gave them the paper work so could be another week but its xmas day next week so not sure what will happen if we will hear before or after xmas day now, either way our dates have passed for our proposed travel dates....will that be a problem for our application? its getting a bit sad our situation my wife was crying because if she gets refused again i might have to go back on my own for a couple of months as our money is running low and the immigration office told me i have to leave the country on 14th jan to get a new visa, all i can say is there a bunch of heartless barstards, if they refuse us i really don't know what we will do, my main concern is the uk visa refusal before we were married

someone say if taking a long time its a good sign but how accurate is that? if they refuse do they tell you straight away?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi Robster,
Contact the embassy becos after we appealed my husbands refusal I didn't hear bk from the embassy on the appeal. I called them four weeks after and was told over the phone that the appeal was refused. I tried severally by calling and emailing to ask for a written affirmation of the refusal but they blatantly ignored me.

I contacted solvit anyway and forwarded all the evidence I had to the case worker I was appointed and it was resolved.

But as I said previously it may take longer but they have no choice. I understand ur wife's frustration but she should be strong it's only a matter of time.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:30 am

its also my frustration to, we had to apply through an Irish consulate as there was no embassy here so the people there just post the paper work, i contacted them a week ago and they just said it can take up to 6 weeks, you think be worth emailing the embassy they posted it to directly? or ask the consulate again to find out what is happening?