ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Withdrawal and its effect on 10 years long stay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ditima98

Appeal Withdrawal and its effect on 10 years long stay

Post by Ditima98 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:12 am

Please I would be very grateful if someone can advise me on the above issue. Have been to 3 Solicitors so far but they have all been giving contracting advise.

During my last Tier 4 Visa application, I had a refusal. I appealed on time then latter on withdraw the appeal and put in a fresh Tier 4 application which was successful. My concern/question is, was my 10 years continuous stay broken the very time I withdraw and logged in a fresh application? AM clocking 10 years next year and I would like to get as much information over this matter as possible to avoid wasting monies through applications which will not hold. Please help.
ditima

vinny

Re: Appeal Withdrawal and its effect on 10 years long stay

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:53 am

I think that you should be okay, if you had successfully applied within 28 days from withdrawing your appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:46 am

Thanks alot Vinny, I salute you, you have given me some hope to fight on!

Please any other with some personal experience over this matter, I will be very grateful for any additional input.

Regards,
ditima

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:18 am

Vinny is correct, and pointed out the laws and rules.Not sure anyone can add anything to that. All things being equal, the withdrawal and re-applying should not break your lawful residence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:56 am

Thanks alot Obbie, greatly appreciated for the assurance over this matter.
ditima