ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 yr ILR does being a visitor count

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mysterymeow

10 yr ILR does being a visitor count

Post by Mysterymeow » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:44 am

Hi all

10 years ILR query. I arrived in the UK on 3rd May 2005 as a visitor and then proceeded to apply for a student visa here which I received about a month later. I am coming up to my 10 year mark and would like to know if my entry date is my start of the 10 years or the day my student visa was granted a month later?

Thanks

vinny

Re: 10 yr ILR does being a visitor count

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 am

I think time spent as a visitor may be included.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mysterymeow

Post by Mysterymeow » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:39 am

Thanks Vinny!

Rubablu

Post by Rubablu » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:32 pm

vinny wrote:I think time spent as a visitor may be included.
I came this country as a visitor and went back after 4 moths staying here. Then I come back again as a dependent within a month. Do you think my 10 years will be counted including the visit visa ?

talkhome

Post by talkhome » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:11 pm

I would be interested to find out the same.

As far I know any legal residence except temporary leave is counted towards 10 years long residence.

Please let us know the results when you make an application.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:50 am

Rubablu wrote:
I came this country as a visitor and went back after 4 moths staying here. Then I come back again as a dependent within a month. Do you think my 10 years will be counted including the visit visa ?
yes. Masterymeow got his ILR last month and he also came as visitor. His time also counted
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Rubablu

Post by Rubablu » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:39 am

Zee ali wrote:
Rubablu wrote:
yes. Masterymeow got his ILR last month and he also came as visitor. His time also counted
Hi Zee ali
Could you please let me know more details who got ILR and came with visitor visa ? Thanks