ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British national travelling to India on Indian passport.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

djc

British national travelling to India on Indian passport.

Post by djc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi Guys, need help, in such a qunadry !!!!

Indian national, got naturalised 1st quarter of this year (hence out of the 3 month grace period) but never got around to surrendering Indian passport. I have to urgently travel to India on the 1st of Jan, 2015. Just realised that if were to surrender passport (3-5 working days) and apply for an Indian visa (3-5 working days) I would not be able to travel on the 1st . Hence was pondering plan b.

I know it is probably not the right thing to do, but I may have to travel on the Indian passport. My questions are as follows

I have read on the High Commission page that the penalty for travelling on an Indian passport after naturalisation is £145
https://www.hcilondon.in/renunciation.html
1) Is there any way that immigration in India know that I have a British passport when I present my Indian passport (with valid UK visas) in immigration.
2) Do I have to pay the penalty of £145 at the airport??
3) Is it a lot of hassle? Would I find myself being eaten at by immigration sharks?
4) Are there any other issues I need to consider before I do this?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Dev

ban.s

Re: British national travelling to India on Indian passport.

Post by ban.s » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:11 pm

don't create multiple posts on same topic
continue in original post