ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Options for Indonesia?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

Visa Options for Indonesia?

Post by robsters » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Hello

Does anyone know if i can obtain a decent visa for indonesia that allow me to stay for at least a year or 6 months without having to go to there immigration office once a month for extensions? At the moment i am on a social visa which requires me to extend every month and its a painful process, My wife is indonesian and we are having major issues getting her a visa for my country so she suggested she get a job here in indonesia and stay here for a while, However be nice is i could carry on my filming work but not sure if i can under there strict visa requirements, any advice on how I could stay

ruthmac
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Options for Indonesia?

Post by ruthmac » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Shouldn't you apply for a KITAS if you are married to an Indonesian? That will at least mean you don't have to go to the immigration office every month. But that doesn't allow you to work, unfortunately. The only way that I know of getting a work permit is to be sponsored by an employer - pretty much impossible to work legally if you are self employed (I speak from experience).

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:34 am

hello, what is a KITas?

ruthmac
Newly Registered

Post by ruthmac » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:44 am

KITAS is a temporary stay visa (kartu izin tinggal sementara), with your wife as sponsor. More info here: http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html#KITAS

I don't live in Indonesia anymore, so I'm not really up to date with current visa procedure. But be prepared to spend a bit of money. You can use an agent to help you process your visa.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:40 pm

thank you very much for your help!!! :)

ruthmac
Newly Registered

Post by ruthmac » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:13 pm

That's OK. If you need any more info, just let me know. And good luck!