ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes from march 2015 and eea permit!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AnaPavlova30
Newly Registered

Changes from march 2015 and eea permit!

Post by AnaPavlova30 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:42 am

Hello, I'm currently on a student visa valid until 2016 , my college got their license revoked and they're currently trying judicial review which can take up to 6 months. Apparently during this time I can't leave the country. My partner is in Australia now for work(german citizen) and will remain there until May when we were planning to get married but I'm worried that with the new changes for given notice of marriage to the home office, coming in March/2015, the situation with my college will make us look suspicious. He suggested we could marry in Denmark as it's easier and he has friends there but as I can't leave the country whilst my college situation is not solved I'm worried. If I leave the country (my student visa will still be valid anyway)and come back as a family member of an eu national will I be denied entry since in theory I shouldnt have leave the country?!

Every little helps

AnaPavlova30
Newly Registered

Re: Changes from march 2015 and eea permit!

Post by AnaPavlova30 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Anyone???

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:16 pm

Get married in a church . Im in a similar situation . Google church marriages england .
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

AnaPavlova30
Newly Registered

Post by AnaPavlova30 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:44 pm

You still have to give notice when one of the partners is not british. Does anyone know if is possible to get married somewhere else whilst on a student visa and come back as an eea family member?