ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT -

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jagan2000
Newly Registered

URGENT -

Post by jagan2000 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Hello Members,

I am on a Tier One General Extension (valid until Jan 2017) applying for ILR in early Jan 2015. I have been in the country for close to 6 years with less than 40 days holidays outside the country in the entire time. My dependant wife joined me in Dec 2012 and is on Tier One Dependant Visa (also valid until Jan 2017).

I would be grateful if someone could shed some light on my doubts

1) When I apply for my ILR in SET (O) does my wife also have to apply for extension as dependant of partner in ILR or should be only apply close to Jan 2017 in form SET (M)

2) My wife and I are expecting our first child :) . If I get ILR will my motherinlaw (who plans to visit UK) be coming on General Visitor Visa or Family visa? Will my residency status make any difference to the application form I must use?

I would be very grateful for a speedy reply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT -

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:18 am

jagan2000 wrote:Hello Members,

I am on a Tier One General Extension (valid until Jan 2017) applying for ILR in early Jan 2015. I have been in the country for close to 6 years with less than 40 days holidays outside the country in the entire time. My dependant wife joined me in Dec 2012 and is on Tier One Dependant Visa (also valid until Jan 2017).

I would be grateful if someone could shed some light on my doubts

1) When I apply for my ILR in SET (O) does my wife also have to apply for extension as dependant of partner in ILR or should be only apply close to Jan 2017 in form SET (M) On what date did your wife APPLY for her entry clearance visa?

2) My wife and I are expecting our first child :) . If I get ILR will my motherinlaw (who plans to visit UK) be coming on General Visitor Visa or Family visa? Will my residency status make any difference to the application form I must use? If you have ILR, Family visit visa although she can apply for either.

I would be very grateful for a speedy reply
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sagareva
BANNED

Re: URGENT -

Post by sagareva » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:00 am

if your wife applied after 9th July 2012, the she can stay on her current dependant visa when you apply for ILR, no need to apply for anything for her at this time
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**