ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you have to prove access to funds while entering UK ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rahulsingh1

Do you have to prove access to funds while entering UK ?

Post by rahulsingh1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any clue,

Does a person already holding the T1 Ent visa and doing business, continually have to prove when he/she is entering the UK via the border agency check post every single time.

So every time you leave the UK and come back do you need to be armed with firm answers and papers ?

Its ridiculous that they say that they can curtail your visa if you dont hvae access to the funds.

They have no way of finding this out once you enter the country because first they dont even know where you are, what the name of your business is. And the bank will not give them any information without your consent, due to privacy act.

So the only way is they catch hold of you is when you are crossing the border I would imagine. And grill you on how your business is doing.

This is detrimental to real entrepreneurs who want peace of mind.

But does anyone have any clue how this will be implemented ?

Thanks,
[/b]

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Do you have to prove access to funds while entering UK ?

Post by rehan01 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:40 pm

rahulsingh1 wrote:Hi guys,

Does anyone have any clue,

Does a person already holding the T1 Ent visa and doing business, continually have to prove when he/she is entering the UK via the border agency check post every single time.

So every time you leave the UK and come back do you need to be armed with firm answers and papers ?

Its ridiculous that they say that they can curtail your visa if you dont hvae access to the funds.

They have no way of finding this out once you enter the country because first they dont even know where you are, what the name of your business is. And the bank will not give them any information without your consent, due to privacy act.

So the only way is they catch hold of you is when you are crossing the border I would imagine. And grill you on how your business is doing.

This is detrimental to real entrepreneurs who want peace of mind.

But does anyone have any clue how this will be implemented ?

Thanks,
[/b]
everything is possible and they can question us at airport about anything previous history, business and education etc ..... I guess thing will be more clear in couple of weeks time when people on tier1 will be traveling in and out of country.

regards

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:41 pm

also regarding the above question....in case they ask for access to funds when entering the country....do they expect us to have maintained the funds continously without lapse of amount even a single day...just like they expect for the 90day maintenance funds.....

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:44 pm

rsrameshsunil wrote:also regarding the above question....in case they ask for access to funds when entering the country....do they expect us to have maintained the funds continously without lapse of amount even a single day...just like they expect for the 90day maintenance funds.....
Yes that's what they want I guess to have excess to funds on ongoing basis.

have a recent statement showing the available funds will be handy.

regards

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:22 pm

rehan01 wrote:
rsrameshsunil wrote:also regarding the above question....in case they ask for access to funds when entering the country....do they expect us to have maintained the funds continously without lapse of amount even a single day...just like they expect for the 90day maintenance funds.....

regards
in which case...say i get my visa now and have been in uk for 2 years...i have invested 20k out of the 50k requirement.....then if i am entering uk after a short trip abroad....now do they expect us to show the original bank account statements for last 2 years ? what if the funds were not there for a period of 5 months in between and the funds are back again that account....will they curtail the leave? ...As per the new statement of changes, my leave may be curtailed only if my access to funds cease to exist....in the case i explained above...it does't cease to exist...its was only not present for a period of time and i do have access again......

maqeelk84

Re: Do you have to prove access to funds while entering UK ?

Post by maqeelk84 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:01 am

hi
i dont know what you guys are talking about...
my three friends went to their country and they came back safely and immigration officer didnt asked them a single questions... they are all on tier 1 entrepreneur visa ....
you have to be confident what ever they asked you. they never check these things... unless you are being weirdo with them

live4pride
- thin ice -

Re:

Post by live4pride » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:11 am

rsrameshsunil wrote:
rehan01 wrote:

regards
in which case...say i get my visa now and have been in uk for 2 years...i have invested 20k out of the 50k requirement.....then if i am entering uk after a short trip abroad....now do they expect us to show the original bank account statements for last 2 years ? what if the funds were not there for a period of 5 months in between and the funds are back again that account....will they curtail the leave? ...As per the new statement of changes, my leave may be curtailed only if my access to funds cease to exist....in the case i explained above...it does't cease to exist...its was only not present for a period of time and i do have access again......

I think this is going to be the second most debatable question after investment! In my case I had money with me for a year or so when we were in appeal.. That was 40-10 split. After we got visa our partnership broke and now I'm managing whole money matters. Short of significant amount of money but it will be coming from India soon. I do not know if that gap for access will affect future extension!! Any suggestion guys? I'm aware of the letter that was sent in from January. Need to brainstorm ideas here to find viable solutions.

Peace \m/
where there's a will there's a way