ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term residency,,ILR

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Long term residency,,ILR

Post by Achilles.ali » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Good Evening friends

I started a new topic for all of us who are going to apply ILR on the basis of long term residence

This is my second application . my first application for entrepreneur was rejected in march 2013. my appeal hearing date was in November and it dismissed on 16 of nov. i applied for the permission of UTT and still waiting for the answer, however im completing 10 years lawfull residence on 20th of December2014 ,I came in uk on 20th December 2005
Im a self employed and im earning more than 18600 after tax. my wife is going to apply with me but the different application for the spouse visa. I have passed life in uk test last month and I have done mastars here so I don't think I need to pass the English language test, however my wife passed her esol test lavel A from trinity college.i don't have any criminal conviction no ccjs everything is clean on my record I have checked it with trust online (they keep records for ccjs and any criminal convictions) and I have checked it on Experian also,everything is clean on my credit history report.

im going to send this 2nd application as soon I get reply from the FTT for the permission OF UTT

is there anything else I should eb worried about?
hope for the best and ready for the 2nd application, inshallah I hope im gona win this battle this time

please give your views and your timelines,, thank you
regards

kevb2014

Re: Long term residency,,ILR

Post by kevb2014 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:29 pm

I hope this is typo but if you first entered the UK in 2005, you'll be completing 10 years in 2015?

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Post by Achilles.ali » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Sorry, haha good catch bro,, I first entered in 2004

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:24 am

Achilles.ali wrote:Sorry, haha good catch bro,, I first entered in 2004
Make sure your ILR application wont come back as invalid due to fees not taken, photos, mandatory section not filled , sign the declaration.

Always pay through cheque or postal order.

Yes postal order bit expensive but peace of mind.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

kevb2014

Post by kevb2014 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Zee ali is absolutely right.

As you might already know, you can't submit any new visa application while you have an appeal pending. I would have suggested that you request for your SAR to make sure that you do indeed have a clean immigration history (no gaps) and yet it's unlikely that you'll be able to get hold of a copy in two weeks' time.

And you really do need to get the approval this time around as you'll be applying without any valid leave - no right for appeal if refused.

All the best!

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Post by Achilles.ali » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:48 am

Thanks for reply guys
yes im going to send a checque for the fees I don't know what is Sar, and I have only travelled out side from uk 4 times, one time for 2 months when my father in law passed away and other three time just for 1 month . and my lawyer has already calculated the days I was out from from, and have requested my passport copies from home office last month,and even that shows I was away from uk less than 105 days in 10 years

kevb2014

Post by kevb2014 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:55 pm

SAR is the Subject Access Record - all information that HO holds about you. It also details all your previous visa applications over the 10 years period, case worker's notes etc... If you have always applied for your visa renewals before its expiry date, then you don't need to worry about this.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Achilles.ali wrote:is there anything else I should eb worried about?
If the grounds for refusing your entrepreneur application is also part of the general grounds for refusal (322) (e.g deception), then your Long residence application may fail.

Your wife will be subject to the changes, unless she qualifies under Long Residence herself.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Post by Achilles.ali » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:16 pm

I have a question, if anyone can answer this

If someone sent out of the time application, lets say one day after their visa finish, do home office tell them in acknowledgement letter that this application was sent after their leave to remain expires?

Regards

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:55 am

Achilles.ali wrote:I have a question, if anyone can answer this

If someone sent out of the time application, lets say one day after their visa finish, do home office tell them in acknowledgement letter that this application was sent after their leave to remain expires?

Regards
No
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided