ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment, director loan tax 50k route

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

live4pride
- thin ice -

Investment, director loan tax 50k route

Post by live4pride » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:41 am

Hello everyone,

I had 50k in my account which came into business account and then went back into personal account. 2 employees for me working part time for now. I want to put 10-15k back into business account and start paying them every month which I was doing initially via my earnings from the business already.

Since they are part time no tax to pay- happy days! But my accountant said I'll have to pay tax on 10 or 15k. Because personal money will be converted into director loan which is subject to 25% tax. When I checked HMRC website it does mention about taxes. To me I do not see any other way round to avoid taxes if I have to put money back in business account and invest it. Any idea if I have been advised correctly by my accountant coz am sure many of us are/will be doing director loan part during the course of time.

Please feel free to comment and enlighten me with your valuable comments :)
Regards,
where there's a will there's a way

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Investment, director loan tax 50k route

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:59 am

I think corporation tax is on the profits not on loans.