ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vicky8319

Tier 1 Extension Queries

Post by vicky8319 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:59 am

Hi,

Apologies if these are repeated set of questions... But stil wanted a confirmation -

Regarding - Tier 1 General Main applicant Extenstion
1. Can I go for an extension 10 months before expiry ?
2. If i have 2 dependents (wife and baby) whose visa expires after 10 months, For now, can i just process an extension for myself ? If I did, are my dependents visa valid for the rest of the 10 months as i will be on a new extension ? I am planning to book an appointment at PEO for visa processing. Will the case worker at PEO ask anything regarding this (like Where are your dependents now and why are they not processing along with you) ? If asked, what should i be answering ?
3. Tier 1 General application :
IN the application form there is a place to fill in the home address in the UK. Below this section, There is a note which says -
If you have lived at the address above for less than five years please provide your previous
address details and the dates you lived there and there is only one set of space where you can enter one address and it says Previous Address 1 :
First of all i have not lived in UK for 5 years. So Should i be photo copying the page and fill in all the addresses where i have lived
OR
Should i just fill in two addresses where i have live 1 year each as there are only 2 spaces to fill in addresses (so for 2 years, i have lived in 2 addresses) ?

4. I have already had one extenstion and i was issued an BRP during this extension. But my Initial visa was stamped on a passport (different passport as it expired). BRP was issued when the old passport was valid.
Now what should i answer for this question as i have a new passport which does not have a stamping nor a BRP issued based on that -
C6. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

Yes - document enclosed, passport/travel document number is
Yes - document not enclosed, it is: Lost Stolen Expired
No -

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Extension Queries

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:33 am

vicky8319 wrote:Hi,

Apologies if these are repeated set of questions... But stil wanted a confirmation -

Regarding - Tier 1 General Main applicant Extenstion
1. Can I go for an extension 10 months before expiry ?
You can go for extension 10 months before as well, If you have enough eligibility points then should be fine.
2. If i have 2 dependents (wife and baby) whose visa expires after 10 months, For now, can i just process an extension for myself ? If I did, are my dependents visa valid for the rest of the 10 months as i will be on a new extension ? I am planning to book an appointment at PEO for visa processing. Will the case worker at PEO ask anything regarding this (like Where are your dependents now and why are they not processing along with you) ? If asked, what should i be answering ?

dependents can stay on their current visa, even though you have extended. If caseworker doesn't care all these things. But if they ask, you can say that. i will apply after my visa extension.

3. Tier 1 General application :
IN the application form there is a place to fill in the home address in the UK. Below this section, There is a note which says -
If you have lived at the address above for less than five years please provide your previous
address details and the dates you lived there and there is only one set of space where you can enter one address and it says Previous Address 1 :
First of all i have not lived in UK for 5 years. So Should i be photo copying the page and fill in all the addresses where i have lived
OR
Should i just fill in two addresses where i have live 1 year each as there are only 2 spaces to fill in addresses (so for 2 years, i have lived in 2 addresses) ?

you can take an extra copy and mention all the address where you lived during 5 years period in UK.

4. I have already had one extenstion and i was issued an BRP during this extension. But my Initial visa was stamped on a passport (different passport as it expired). BRP was issued when the old passport was valid.
Now what should i answer for this question as i have a new passport which does not have a stamping nor a BRP issued based on that -
C6. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

Yes - document enclosed, passport/travel document number is This is correct, you can enclose your old passport
No -

vicky8319

Post by vicky8319 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Hello haiksuresh -

Thanks for your reply. For the last question, there are 3 options. I was thinking i should select option 2 as the passport has got expired.

No -

My Query on that was :
I have already had one extenstion and i was issued an BRP during this extension. But my Initial visa was stamped on a passport (different passport as it expired). BRP was issued when the old passport was valid.

vicky8319

Post by vicky8319 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:10 pm

vicky8319 wrote:Hello haiksuresh -

Thanks for your reply. For the last question, there are 3 options. I was thinking i should select option 2 as the passport has got expired.

No -

My Query on that was :
I have already had one extenstion and i was issued an BRP during this extension. But my Initial visa was stamped on a passport (different passport as it expired). BRP was issued when the old passport was valid.

Any inputs on this please ?

vicky8319

Tier 1 Dependent Extension Queries

Post by vicky8319 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:40 pm

I am going for a early extension (10 months earlier than the original expiry). And I have 2 dependents whose visa will expire 10 months from today.
Now after my extension in few weeks, i will get validity until Feb 2018 (3 years extension). My question now is -

My 2 dependents visa validity is until October 2015 - Are these still valid even after my new extension which will be until 2018 or should i go for an extension for my dependents as well ? Once their visa expires in Oct 2015, i will anyways go for an extension for them.
Someone was saying to me that if the main applicant have a new visa, your dependents old visa will be void or become invalid.

Can somebody clarify this .

thanks

vinny

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Extension Queries

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:06 pm

vicky8319 wrote: Someone was saying to me that if the main applicant have a new visa, your dependents old visa will be void or become invalid.
I disagree.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vicky8319

Post by vicky8319 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:42 pm

vinny wrote:
vicky8319 wrote: Someone was saying to me that if the main applicant have a new visa, your dependents old visa will be void or become invalid.
I disagree.

Dear vinny does this mean that the dependent will have issues during extension (renewal on expiry) or during ILR in the future ? Iam on my Tier 1 Main and i will qualify for ILR soon after my extenstion, But my wife wont as she has to be in the UK for 5 years before applying ILR and she will need one more of an externsion. As of now she is in UK.

Once i do my renewal now,

1. Can my wife travel out of UK and return back to UK with her old visa without any issues ?
2. And if she stays on the old visa (which is valid until end of this year), while i make a new extenstion now, will it make her illegal to live in UK OR WIll this have any issues during extension or renewal for my wife or even application during ILR ?

vicky8319

Post by vicky8319 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Mates - this is not a very bad question. Can somebody who is knowledgeable enough please post their inputs and views here ?

vicky8319

Tier 1 Extension : Query on filling address

Post by vicky8319 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:38 am

I have been in this country for the past 4 years.
In the Tier 1 General : application form - Page 9, There are spaces to fill in only 2 addresses (Current and Previous).

If i have not stayed in the same address for the past 5 years, should i just fill in the current address and previous address OR should i fill in all the address that i have stayed in the last 4 years.

By the way this is what the form says -
address details and the dates you lived there.
Previous address 1

And the form does not say if i should copy this page If i have lived in more addresses.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:11 am

vicky8319 wrote:
vinny wrote:
I disagree.

Dear vinny does this mean that the dependent will have issues during extension (renewal on expiry) or during ILR in the future ? Iam on my Tier 1 Main and i will qualify for ILR soon after my extenstion, But my wife wont as she has to be in the UK for 5 years before applying ILR and she will need one more of an externsion. As of now she is in UK.

Once i do my renewal now,

1. Can my wife travel out of UK and return back to UK with her old visa without any issues ?
2. And if she stays on the old visa (which is valid until end of this year), while i make a new extenstion now, will it make her illegal to live in UK OR WIll this have any issues during extension or renewal for my wife or even application during ILR ?
Should be okay. Her leave remains valid until expiry unless it's curtailed or she is subject to removal due to breaches in conditions of leave. If you extend, then there are no grounds for either cases, unless your leave is curtailed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.