ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spanish Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Luda2013
Newly Registered

Spanish Visa

Post by Luda2013 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Hello
I am looking to travel to Spain for a holiday with my husband who is a British Citizen, we have two children who are also British Citizens.
Spanish Law states my passport must be under 10 years old, under Belarus Law I have a 20 year passport and they state they cannot accept my passport for a visa.
How comes Spain is the only country with theses laws, I also found out a website called solvit which is run by the E.U and they have quoted that the Spanish Embassy is one of the worst embassies that break the law.

Thanks

Luda

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Spanish Visa

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Luda2013 wrote:Hello
I am looking to travel to Spain for a holiday with my husband who is a British Citizen, we have two children who are also British Citizens.
Spanish Law states my passport must be under 10 years old, under Belarus Law I have a 20 year passport and they state they cannot accept my passport for a visa.
How comes Spain is the only country with theses laws, I also found out a website called solvit which is run by the E.U and they have quoted that the Spanish Embassy is one of the worst embassies that break the law.

Thanks

Luda
I think 10 year validity is normal, certainly the German Consulate requires a 10 year or less validity.

I recommend the you replace your passport if possible with the 10 year one the Belorussian Consulate now issues.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ban.s

Re: Spanish Visa

Post by ban.s » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:25 pm

20 year passports don't confirm to the ICAO Machine Readble Travel Document (MRTD) guidelines.
24th Nov 2015 is the deadline to phase out these type of documents worldwide. It's unlikely anyone will accept a 20 year passport for visa purpose. Ask your passport issuing authority for issuance of a new passport.