ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 weeks and still waiting

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

5 weeks and still waiting

Post by robsters » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:55 am

We have been waiting for my wifes C entry visa for 5 weeks + now with 6 week mark around xmas day, are we likely to get a decision before xmas or new year day?

its becoming frustrating for us and worse because i am under pressure from my wife what we will do for xmas if we fly back to be with her family which means flying back to collect the visa if it is issued or not.

the bottom line is why they taking so long to give us a decision? she had a uk refusal before and provided the previous letter etc....does a long wait mean good news or bad news

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Re: 5 weeks and still waiting

Post by zaza7625 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:55 pm

robsters wrote:We have been waiting for my wifes C entry visa for 5 weeks + now with 6 week mark around xmas day, are we likely to get a decision before xmas or new year day?

its becoming frustrating for us and worse because i am under pressure from my wife what we will do for xmas if we fly back to be with her family which means flying back to collect the visa if it is issued or not.

the bottom line is why they taking so long to give us a decision? she had a uk refusal before and provided the previous letter etc....does a long wait mean good news or bad news
hi.
for me it took about 4 months to get a c visa.when i used to be asking inis why it takes so ling ,they were keep telling me that because of numerous number of visa application it needs more time.but my case was a bit different from you.normaly it takes from 4 weeks and above.you never now when they make a decesion.
good luck

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:50 am

what made your case different? and what country did you apply from? if ours takes to long we will have a serious problem :/

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:09 am

they usually take ages at end of year and mid of year. and nothing to do with "case complication", its just they havent got time to do it (you know, its lazy govt after all).. one way is to keep calling/mailing them and reminding them how urgent it is (if you have valid reason for urgency)... i know if ppl wait for re-entry visa for 2 months+ in summer and xmas times!
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:51 am

Thanks for your reply, i figured xmas time of year is not helping, sadly it seems unlikely we will get it before xmas day to see my family but we hopping maybe in time for new year. where we applied from in my wife's country is just an honary consul and staff there are powerless to do much since they just send the paper work off so would it be worth me emailing Dublin directly at visamail@justice.ie ? yeah we know all to well how lazy the government are, getting my visa extended was a bunch of hassle, i noticed the irish embassy have 2 hours off for lunch every day as well, nice easy life and get to go home at 4pm , i hope ours doesn't take 2 + months, i could say the urgency is to see my family and my visa in my wifes country will expire for good in january would that be a valid enough reason for them to hurry up?

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:38 pm

robsters wrote:what made your case different? and what country did you apply from? if ours takes to long we will have a serious problem :/
hi
i applied as a spouse of eu citizen and it took about 4 months.i have heard that people who are the spouses of irish national need opproximately an year or sometimes more.so as i see every case has its own issue. I was applying from Georgia

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Did you apply for type D visa which is long stay? we just applied for the C short stay visa , i really hope we not waiting as long as that, we were told at consulate that 6 weeks is the max time frame...i guess time will tell

thank you,