ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suriner Singh Route Slovakia:- Guidance required

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

petal123
Newly Registered

Suriner Singh Route Slovakia:- Guidance required

Post by petal123 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:56 am

Hi all

I am a british national and living and working in slovakia now to excercise the surider singh route.My husband is an Indian national staying with me. we both came to slovakia from india in September and living here till now.

we are living in the rented accomodation which is in both of our names and we both are working here now.I started working from 1st october on permanent contarct basis and it is a part time job for 20 hours.My husband has got full time job in slovakia now from november month as we both have the 5 years residence card now.we both are registered with the doctors here and also libray and the gym etc to get ourself mix with the locals.

We are planning to apply for the EEA family permit under surinder singh in Febraury as by then i will be working for around 5 months and living here for 6 months, so just want you to guide us what documnets we need to apply for EEA family permit and how to book an appointment for it.

and how many months working here in slovakia you prefer,we planning on 5 months and does part time job as mine approx 20-22 hours a week is enough.

Please give us your valueable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: Suriner Singh Route Slovakia:- Guidance required

Post by 357mag » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:50 pm

Looks like you have it all covered, yes part time work is ok.

Slovak resident permit should allow you to board a plane ok.

So you can fly back here together after youve done your 6 months exile. Then spouse applies for residence card on EEA2 form. Bearing in mind its not strictly legally required, but will help when applying for work here.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Slovak RC won't act in lieu of a visa so a EEA Family Permit is recommended. It will also make your husband application once in the UK simpler.

You covered all the bases so should be fine to apply in February.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

petal123
Newly Registered

Post by petal123 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

Want to ask you about the procedure to apply for the EEA family permit.Do we need to go the British embassy in person here in Bratislava and fix an appointment to file EEA application or is there any online process for it?

Also can you provide us the important list of documents which we have to submit along with the application.

Last but not the least is the chances of its success.Will the previous refusals under UK law for spouse visa will affect this application.We are married for about 3 and half years now and my spouse was refused before in 2011 under 320 7b, student visa deception case in 2009 and we married in 2011.

If EEA family permit goes to appeal then how long will it take and chances of success under EEA regulation?

Please give us your guidance.

Thanks in advance.

petal123
Newly Registered

Post by petal123 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Can anyone please give their opinion on the above mentioned post??

Thanks

petal123
Newly Registered

Post by petal123 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:53 am

Can anybody suggest how to proceed with it. thanks

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:53 pm

You could apply there using VAF5 form https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 0/vaf5.pdf
theres also an online application form.

Your husbands job is not relevant, its you who is exercising treaty rights, and 20 hours a week is plenty.

Your previous spouse application should not cause a problem. Bear in mind the EEA route is using EU law and not UK national law.

Jambo is correct that you cant use Slovakia resident certificate YET, but something might change soon http://curia.europa.eu/juris/fiche.jsf? ... cid=313194
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

petal123
Newly Registered

Post by petal123 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Thanks a lot for your response. Much appreciated.
I have few questions regarding how to fill the EEA application form online.

Few points if anyone can suggest me how to fill?
1) what is the EEA national registration certificate for the EEA number for the EEA national ?

What can we fill here as I am not in UK, I am in slovakia now.

2)what is your permanent residential address and contact details?

What should I fill here, my slovak address where we are renting or UK one where I was renting before.

3) is the UK address given is the permanent address of the EEA national?

I don't have my own house in UK so what should I put here, the address of the rented house while I was in UK?

N now last but not the least is what to put in the purpose and duration of the trip to UK under EEA family permit.

Thanks in advance.

Will be waiting for your reply eagerly.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:30 pm

357mag wrote:You could apply there using VAF5 form https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 0/vaf5.pdf
theres also an online application form.
THIS IS WRONG:
'Apply You must apply online unless you’re from:
Cuba
North Korea'

YOU CAN ONLY USE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. SEE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:34 pm

petal123 wrote:Thanks a lot for your response. Much appreciated.
I have few questions regarding how to fill the EEA application form online.

Few points if anyone can suggest me how to fill?
1) what is the EEA national registration certificate for the EEA number for the EEA national ? NO NEED TO FILL THIS IN; I DIDN'T WHEN MY CIVIL PARTNER APPLIED. NO ISSUE

What can we fill here as I am not in UK, I am in slovakia now.

2)what is your permanent residential address and contact details? I IGNORED THIS AS WELL AND PUT IN THE COVER LETTER THAT I DID NOT HAVE A 'PERMANENT' RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS AND THAT I WOULD BE RENTING WHEN WE WENT TO THE UK.

What should I fill here, my slovak address where we are renting or UK one where I was renting before.

3) is the UK address given is the permanent address of the EEA national? I DIDN'T FILL IT IN.

I don't have my own house in UK so what should I put here, the address of the rented house while I was in UK?

N now last but not the least is what to put in the purpose and duration of the trip to UK under EEA family permit. PURPOSE: MY CIVIL PARTNER WROTE: "TO MOVE TO THE UK WITH MY IRISH CIVIL PARTNER". DURATION: "TBC"

Thanks in advance.

Will be waiting for your reply eagerly.
THE QUESTIONS NOTED ABOVE MAKE NO DIFFERENCE TO WHETHER OR NOT THEY ISSUES AN EEA FP (ASSUMING YOU MEET THE OTHER REQUIREMENTS). MY CIVIL PARTNER COMPLETED THE SAME FORM IN JUNE AND WE IGNORED A LOT OF THE QUESTIONS, NOTING IN OUR RESPECTIVE COVER LETTERS (WE BOTH WROTE ONE) THAT A LOT OF THE THINGS ASKED ABOUT IN THE FORM WERE IRRELEVANT TO EEA APPLICATIONS.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE JUST POST THEM HERE AND I'LL TELL YOU WHAT WE DID.

PS: I AM IRISH BUT THE FORM IS THE SAME. I JUST WON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SURINDER SINGH SECTION.

petal123
Newly Registered

Post by petal123 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:41 am

Thanks a lot Chaoclive.

I understand your point but if i dont fill those sections then the online form will not be completed as those are the important and must be filled fields so I think i have to fill them anyhow.

Now i want to ask is there any premium service for this application or just the standard one.

and if you have already applied for this EEA family permit before can you suggest what documents we will be required and approx 6 months living and 4-5 months working in slovakia will be enough as we moved here in september and now planning to apply in february. we have rented accommodation in our joint name and utility bills also. i am working part time 20 hours from 1 october and we both registered to doctors, library and gym and the local council for voting etc.

Will this be enough and what about my spouse previous immigration history.will it be a concern under EEA route?

Please suggest us on this.

Thanks in advance.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:10 pm

petal123 wrote:Thanks a lot Chaoclive.

I understand your point but if i dont fill those sections then the online form will not be completed as those are the important and must be filled fields so I think i have to fill them anyhow. UP TO YOU I GUESS BUT I AM VERY CONFIDENT AS WE DIDN'T FILL IN EVERYTHING.

Now i want to ask is there any premium service for this application or just the standard one. NO PREMIUM SERVICE FOR EEA FP.

and if you have already applied for this EEA family permit before can you suggest what documents we will be required and approx 6 months living and 4-5 months working in slovakia will be enough as we moved here in september and now planning to apply in february. we have rented accommodation in our joint name and utility bills also. i am working part time 20 hours from 1 october and we both registered to doctors, library and gym and the local council for voting etc. NOT SURE AS MY PARTNER APPLIED AS THE SPOUSE OF AN IRISH CITIZEN AND I WAS NOT WORKING IN THE UK AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION. HOPE SOMEONE ELSE WILL HELP. I'M SURE THIS INFO EXISTS ONLINE THOUGH. THERE IS A LOT OF DISCUSSION AROUND SURINDER SINGH.

Will this be enough and what about my spouse previous immigration history.will it be a concern under EEA route? IT'S NOT AN ISSUE. THEY CAN'T TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT.

Please suggest us on this.

Thanks in advance.

petal123
Newly Registered

Post by petal123 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:59 am

Thanks a lot for your reply. Much appreciated.

If anyone else has more information which can help us in this case,please share.

thanks in advance.