ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What can I do if my visa has expired?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alisworld_707
Newly Registered

What can I do if my visa has expired?

Post by alisworld_707 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi,

My visa expired on 31st October 2014. However, I didn't want to go back to my country (pakistan). Is there a way I can get married here. I have a fiance who is British national and my whole family is here too on some business visa. So i have no one to go back to pakistan to.

I know that I have overstayed my stay. However I wanna know if there's a way I can get married as in court marriage and apply for stay or somthing?

Please help me out with this issue.

Thank you

alisworld_707
Newly Registered

Re: What can I do if my visa has expired?

Post by alisworld_707 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi, we have got the date for the registry office to get married. However I do not know what to do aftrewards. Can I apply for a visa basing on my British national wife? What kind of visa would I be applying for? I have just stayed over 2 months as my visa expired on 31st of october. So please can someone guide me through this.