ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:30 pm

bsmith13 wrote:Thank u Kukuwife for taking your time to advise me but do you think the judge's decision can affect me in the future as everyone has been speaking to are saying maybe I should start all over again because they believe my solicitor didn't go a good job but can they do anything to me? Thanks
bsmith13- I appreciate asking for advice please be reminded that am not an immigration adviser neither I am a solicitor but from experience and reading from fellow members on this forum, if you are not on temporary admission or on any form of leave you may be liable for detention or removal but I believe your case has not reach such a level. So you need to act to regularised your stay either you continue to seek permission for oral appeal hearing or put in a new application with the help of a good advocate. You can't just leave it without doing anything. All the best
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Sarah Khan
Newly Registered

FLR(FP) For Mother And Brother

Post by Sarah Khan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:37 am

Hi
My name is Sarah
I have few thing ask if someone can help me please as I have ILR in UK and i have daughter (British) she is1year old now and husband also is ILR in UK.I Sponsor my mom from pakistan to UK then she had 6months visa in December 2013 to June 2014 but she was overstay from June to November for 5 months then I apply for her FLR(FP) in November 2014 give all the paper which they required for that and she Is widow I have brother he 24 years and he is in UK from 2012 till now he was student then we apply for No EEA family member he was one of my cousin he's Spain national but thats get refuse 2 time then now we apply for JR 27nov that's pending Till now in between we apply for bile 3 times but 2 times we withdrew and 3rd time its get refuse.and my cousin he don't want come in UK because he his mother is ill and in court they were asking for him why he not here we told that's his mother is ill that's why judge said what ever he has to be her that's it get refuse now I am thing to withdraw the JR and apply for him FLR(FP) it will be ok to do that, we are just one sister(ILR)and one brother no one is pakistan.please please any one can tell me what to do.
Many thanks

Sarah Khan
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) For Mother And Brother

Post by Sarah Khan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:01 am

Sarah Khan wrote:Hi
My name is Sarah
I have few thing ask if someone can help me please as I have ILR in UK and i have daughter (British) she is1year old now and husband also is ILR in UK.I Sponsor my mom from pakistan to UK then she had 6months visa in December 2013 to June 2014 but she was overstay from June to November for 5 months then I apply for her FLR(FP) in November 2014 give all the paper which they required for that and she Is widow I have brother he 24 years and he is in UK from 2012 till now he was student then we apply for Non EEA family member he was one of my cousin he's Spain national but thats get refuse 2 time then now we apply for JR 27nov that's pending Till now in between we apply for bile 3 times but 2 times we withdrew and 3rd time its get refuse.and my cousin he don't want come in UK because he his mother is ill and in court they were asking for him why he not here we told that's his mother is ill that's why judge said what ever he has to be her that's it get refuse now I am thing to withdraw the JR and apply for him FLR(FP) it will be ok to do that, we are just one sister(ILR)and one brother no one is pakistan.please please any one can tell me what to do.
Many thanks

Bobby2000
Newly Registered

Post by Bobby2000 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Sarah Khan wrote:
My name is Sarah
I have few thing ask if someone can help me please as I have ILR in UK and i have daughter (British) she is1year old now and husband also is ILR in UK.I Sponsor my mom from pakistan to UK then she had 6months visa in December 2013 to June 2014 but she was overstay from June to November for 5 months then I apply for her FLR(FP) in November 2014 give all the paper which they required for that and she Is widow I have brother he 24 years and he is in UK from 2012 till now he was student then we apply for Non EEA family member he was one of my cousin he's Spain national but thats get refuse 2 time then now we apply for JR 27nov that's pending Till now in between we apply for bile 3 times but 2 times we withdrew and 3rd time its get refuse.and my cousin he don't want come in UK because he his mother is ill and in court they were asking for him why he not here we told that's his mother is ill that's why judge said what ever he has to be her that's it get refuse now I am thing to withdraw the JR and apply for him FLR(FP) it will be ok to do that, we are just one sister(ILR)and one brother no one is pakistan.please please any one can tell me what to do.
Many thanks

Bobby2000
Newly Registered

Post by Bobby2000 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Bobby2000 wrote:
Sarah Khan wrote:
My name is Sarah
Many thanks

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:09 am

JOHFR2014- I PM you but it seems the message is still in the outbox. I hope you receive it

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:06 pm

I got a heart broken news:

My wife FLR (FP) refused with the right of appeal.

My background:
- I have recently obtained ILR on long residence.
- I applied for registration for my UK born child through NCS Edinburgh as well.
- I applied for my Mrs on FLR (FP) because I wasn't able to meet the financial requirements

I have received all the documents of my Mrs back without her passport; including:
IAFT – 1 Appeal form (Deadline for appeal is 8th January 2015):

1. I shall be very thankful if someone kindly tell me how to Appeal to the first tier tribunal, and what's next after first tribunal?

2. Should I just fill the IAFT – 1 Appeal form with the best of my knowledge or get a lawyer?

3. Which is better; Oral hearing / paper hearing?

4. How long does it take?

To be honest my main aim is to pass some time in these appeals and apply for FLR (M) after April 2015 (once I will get the evidence of my and my Mrs self employment earning through HMRC).

5. Can I still be able to apply for FLR (M) while appeal of FLR (FP) under process?
6. Will my mrs FLR (M) application (probably in the month of May 2015) consider a new application or variation?
7. OR should I have to withdraw appeal altogether and apply FLR (M) as a completely new application?

Many thanks.
N/A

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:51 am

Tier 4 wrote:I got a heart broken news:

My background:
- I applied for registration for my UK born child through NCS Edinburgh as well.
- I applied for my Mrs on FLR (FP) because I wasn't able to meet the financial requirements

I have received all the documents of my Mrs back without her passport; including:

1. I shall be very thankful if someone kindly tell me how to Appeal to the first tier tribunal, and what's next after first tribunal?

Send the appeal form to tribunal with refusal reasons and your grounds and fees. If refuse at first tribunal u can go to UT but first u need to get permission to go to UT from FTT and if refuse than directly from UT.

2. Should I just fill the IAFT – 1 Appeal form with the best of my knowledge or get a lawyer?

Better to hire a good lawyer

Oral hearing.

Depend on your location. If glasgow than 2 to 3 months in first tribunal and 4 to 5 in total if u go to UT.

5. Can I still be able to apply for FLR (M) while appeal of FLR (FP) under process?

No. Cant put a new application when appeal is in process

6. Will my mrs FLR (M) application (probably in the month of May 2015) consider a new application or variation?

It depends on the outcome of the appeal if u succeed in FTT than u can vary your application to flr m.

7. OR should I have to withdraw appeal altogether and apply FLR (M) as a completely new application?

I think u need to give a go at first tribunal. It is possible that your appeal will allow. All depends on your child British passport.
if it arrives before your wife hearing than u have very good chance of success in hearing. As u hold ILR and child is british citizen. judge will go in your wife favour.

Many thanks.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:02 am

Zee ali wrote:

My background:

Send the appeal form to tribunal with refusal reasons and your grounds and fees. If refuse at first tribunal u can go to UT but first u need to get permission to go to UT from FTT and if refuse than directly from UT.

Oral hearing.

Depend on your location. If glasgow than 2 to 3 months in first tribunal and 4 to 5 in total if u go to UT.

It depends on the outcome of the appeal if u succeed in FTT than u can vary your application to flr m.

I think u need to give a go at first tribunal. It is possible that your appeal will allow. All depends on your child British passport.
if it arrives before your wife hearing than u have very good chance of success in hearing. As u hold ILR and child is british citizen. judge will go in your wife favour.

Many thanks.
Tier4 - so sorry about your wife refusal. Zee ali has answered all your questions and I want to believe that they are quite right even without details or reason for the refusal. I guess since your wife has right of appeal she must I have one form of leave to remain?
As zee ali has suggested you might need a lawyer because it seems to me that the matter may be more complicated than the simple explanation Given above so you might need a lawyer to help you with some technicality that might be involved, however I believe that things can be resolve in the tribunal if the case is straight forward. I wish you all the best

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:19 am

Greetings forum family. Hope I find you all in good health. A quick note to sat say congrats to Corasson and TomNoEngine ( I guess you can now see the lights of Harare in the horizon!! Lol!!!).
@ CrystalNewbie. You have been set free. So congrats in advance.
To all others waiting, hang on in there.
Shout out to Rina, Dapsonlee, Believe,lily123, Kukuwife and everybody else whom i haven't mentioned by name.

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:25 pm

nilemarques wrote:Greetings forum family. Hope I find you all in good health. A quick note to sat say congrats to Corasson and TomNoEngine ( I guess you can now see the lights of Harare in the horizon!! Lol!!!).
Shout out to Rina, Dapsonlee, Believe,lily123, Kukuwife and everybody else whom i haven't mentioned by name.
Hey nilemarques thanks for the shout out.. Hope you are keeping well yourself and make sure you have the best xmas ever. :D

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:38 pm

After more than three months we received notice that our appeal was allowed.. We are very grateful but our lawyer said a home office appeal is likely... Has anyone experienced this and what will happen if they do? Also if they don't when will my husband receive his passport back and things like that?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Ems1927 wrote:After more than three months we received notice that our appeal was allowed.. We are very grateful but our lawyer said a home office appeal is likely... Has anyone experienced this and what will happen if they do? Also if they don't when will my husband receive his passport back and things like that?
Congrats EMS1927
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Zee ali wrote:

My background:

Oral hearing.

Many thanks.
Many many thanks for your very very details replies.
I applied for my child reg as BC on 17 Dec through Edinburgh council and hoping to send my mrs Appeal form back on 5 January 2015. I am hoping when the date of my hearing will come my child will receive at least his registration certificate.

Some one told me on paper hearing I can pass some time till my child will receive his registration certificate.

Though I will put my maximum effort on FLR (FP) appeal yet I was very much incline to apply FLR (M) while appeal is under process. As in my understanding I don't see any reason of refusal especially once I will meet the income threshold and all the other requirements will met. But I don't know.

Please do keep in touch and continue your guidance

Many thanks
N/A

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:33 am

Tier 4 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

My background:

Oral hearing.

Many thanks.
Many many thanks for your very very details replies.
I applied for my child reg as BC on 17 Dec through Edinburgh council and hoping to send my mrs Appeal form back on 5 January 2015. I am hoping when the date of my hearing will come my child will receive at least his registration certificate.

Some one told me on paper hearing I can pass some time till my child will receive his registration certificate.

Though I will put my maximum effort on FLR (FP) appeal yet I was very much incline to apply FLR (M) while appeal is under process. As in my understanding I don't see any reason of refusal especially once I will meet the income threshold and all the other requirements will met. But I don't know.

Please do keep in touch and continue your guidance

Many thanks

@Tier 4

Registration certificate is not sufficient but the British passport which u can get same day service after getting registration certificate.

If u r after long hearing date or spend more time on hearing than some tips from my side

i will pm u

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:58 am

[quote="Ems1927"]After more than three months we received notice that our appeal was allowed.. We are very grateful but our lawyer said a home office appeal is likely... Has anyone experienced this and what will happen if they do? Also if they don't when will my husband receive his passport back and things like that?[/quote]

Congrats Ems1927

Just wondering is your appeal was in First Tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal. Hope you will be free very soon.

Thanks

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:14 am

[quote="nilemarques"]Greetings forum family. Hope I find you all in good health. A quick note to sat say congrats to Corasson and TomNoEngine ( I guess you can now see the lights of Harare in the horizon!! Lol!!!).
Shout out to Rina, Dapsonlee, Believe,lily123, Kukuwife and everybody else whom i haven't mentioned by name.[/quote]

Nile

Don`t forget to remember me in your prayer.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:07 pm

nilemarques wrote:Greetings forum family. Hope I find you all in good health. A quick note to sat say congrats to Corasson and TomNoEngine ( I guess you can now see the lights of Harare in the horizon!! Lol!!!).
@Nilemarques,Please if the Tsol decide to pay cost of a JR,do they pay by cheque to your solicitor?How do you also know they have paid.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Zee ali wrote: @Tier 4

Registration certificate is not sufficient but the British passport which u can get same day service after getting registration certificate.

If u r after long hearing date or spend more time on hearing than some tips from my side

i will pm u
You my friend are a Legend.
N/A

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:58 pm

The registration is what confers citizenship and not the passport.

The registration certificate alone will be sufficient, provided it comes through before appeal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:04 pm

[quote="rina"][quote="nilemarques"]Greetings forum family. Hope I find you all in good health. A quick note to sat say congrats to Corasson and TomNoEngine ( I guess you can now see the lights of Harare in the horizon!! Lol!!!).
Shout out to Rina, Dapsonlee, Believe,lily123, Kukuwife and everybody else whom i haven't mentioned by name.[/quote]

Hey nilemarques thanks for the shout out.. Hope you are keeping well yourself and make sure you have the best xmas ever. :D[/quote]

Hey Rina!! You too. Try to make the most of it yourself.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:07 pm

[quote="kofi75"][quote="nilemarques"]Greetings forum family. Hope I find you all in good health. A quick note to sat say congrats to Corasson and TomNoEngine ( I guess you can now see the lights of Harare in the horizon!! Lol!!!).
@Nilemarques,Please if the Tsol decide to pay cost of a JR,do they pay by cheque to your solicitor?How do you also know they have paid.[/quote]

@Kofi75. I'm not sure how they pay as i still haven't received mine despite assurances from TSol that it will be dealt with quickly. I will actually chase it up tomorrow.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:10 pm

[quote="shareen24h"][quote="nilemarques"]Greetings forum family. Hope I find you all in good health. A quick note to sat say congrats to Corasson and TomNoEngine ( I guess you can now see the lights of Harare in the horizon!! Lol!!!).

Nile

Don`t forget to remember me in your prayer.[/quote]

@Shareen24h. You are in my prayers. Keep the faith and don't give up!

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Obie wrote:The registration is what confers citizenship and not the passport.

The registration certificate alone will be sufficient, provided it comes through before appeal.

OK thanks Obie,

I will send the FTT at 6 Jan as the last submission date is 8 Jan.

I have submitted my son reg through NCS Edinburgh on 17 Dec; (means till 6 / 7 Jan it will already be 3 weeks).

According to the current timeline in this forum Child reg through NCS taking 2 / 2.5 months. so fingers cross .

Lets see what's happen.

Thanks
N/A

kingin2015

Post by kingin2015 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:05 pm

hello people in this forum,
Has anyone applied or know anyone who has applied on same day service on flr fp?