ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Money invested as Loan

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

live4pride
- thin ice -

Re: Money invested as Loan

Post by live4pride » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:05 pm

sajjuz wrote:why is share capital not a good choice?

I heard one might have to liquefy the company to claim back the remaining capital once invested as shares! I am not sure and have not researched upon it as I will be doing Director Loan but there is a lot of tax involved in that process that I have to clarify via accountant in person.

BTW who said share capital is not good a good choice? I mean is there any other thread where you read that?
where there's a will there's a way

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Thanks. My accountant said for visa purposes it is stronger to show investment as shares. I have read in many places people just making remarks like "I hope you have not invested as shares.. etc". So just wanted to confirm. The accountant did say that it is financially not the smartest thing to do but for visa purposes it is the best way to show investment.

Irfanmz

Post by Irfanmz » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:09 pm

Dear Sajjuz, i agree with you share capital is the best way to show your investment. but some people are mentioning that all 50k must be spent as expenses from business (which i do not agree). since your business is having income coming in it is really hard to spent 50k plus all your income to show investment.

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:33 pm

Why does your accountant feel shares are a better option? Did he give a reason?