ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

legal stay for one more month

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinb5
Newly Registered

legal stay for one more month

Post by vinb5 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm an indian nation and my girlfriend is Swiss(asian).  we both are living together for year. We both plan to marry but we want to get married in india. So i applied for indian visa for her. And we still didn't get any outcome of indian visa. My visa is expiring in december. Even in worst case we planned to marry in uk but we got date in January.

Is there any legal way I can stay in uk for one month.as we both have permanent Jobs.

Is there any way I can't request to home office or home secretary to stay here legally for one more month.

Am I allowed to apply for eea resident permit with out marriage certificate and provide certificate in one month time.

Can I apply for tourist visa staying in uk.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: legal stay for one more month

Post by 357mag » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:38 pm

You could apply for EEA2 under durable relationship. It's going to get refused because you would need to prove living together for at least 2 years but its only going to cost £55, and its going to take time for UKVI to process the application and you could be issued a COA for 6 months which would gain you some time.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:50 pm

You may overstay up to maximum of 28 days. But its always best to not to do that.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

vinb5
Newly Registered

Post by vinb5 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:17 pm

Eea 2 application is this

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card

UK residence card anD EEA2 are these both same

Do I need to send any covering letter stating my problem or can I send with all documents other than marriage certificate

They won't refuse on same day and send my documents back in week time.

357mag wrote:You could apply for EEA2 under durable relationship. It's going to get refused because you would need to prove living together for at least 2 years but its only going to cost £55, and its going to take time for UKVI to process the application and you could be issued a COA for 6 months which would gain you some time.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:33 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-eea2

Well the last application my girl applied for she got a 6 month COA after a week and refusal after about 4 weeks but she continued to work just showing the COA.

No dont send covering letter at least not about your plans, who knows they might even grant you EEA2.

The point being you are not an overstayer if you have an application in the system.

Getting married might still be difficult as you are subject to immigation restrictions.
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

vinb5
Newly Registered

Post by vinb5 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:27 am

While my application in process..can I marry and send documents

Since July 2014 I postponed 4 times for marriage because of some delays and I still havenjoy 09 Dec but I ll change to jananury as we are expecting our family to come from India.

If they say marriage certificate is missing and if I provide after month will that works

vinb5
Newly Registered

Post by vinb5 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:00 pm

While my application in process..can I marry and send documents

Since July 2014 I postponed 4 times for marriage because of some delays and I still havenjoy 09 Dec but I ll change to jananury as we are expecting our family to come from India.

If they say marriage certificate is missing and if I provide after month will that works

So what happen with your wife outcome.

Am still willing to leave country once my girl friend indian visa comes out and get married in india.

If we get married in india.how long it takes for me to g et visa to re enter uk.

Please answer my few queries
357mag wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-eea2

Well the last application my girl applied for she got a 6 month COA after a week and refusal after about 4 weeks but she continued to work just showing the COA.

No dont send covering letter at least not about your plans, who knows they might even grant you EEA2.

The point being you are not an overstayer if you have an application in the system.

Getting married might still be difficult as you are subject to immigation restrictions.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:50 pm

If you go to India it is you who will have to apply for a visa to accompany EEA citizen, its supposed to be proccessed within 28 days.

vinb5
Newly Registered

Post by vinb5 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:03 pm

So what was your girl friend out come

Am I able to submit marriage certificate after one month I mean after submitting for EEA2 than later I send.because I have registration date in first week of January
357mag wrote:If you go to India it is you who will have to apply for a visa to accompany EEA citizen, its supposed to be proccessed within 28 days.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Gf was refusal 3 applications but it gained her 2 extra years in UK,

She applied FLR(O) June 2012, refused August 2013, Applied FLR(O) Sept 2013, refused Jan 2014, applied DLR March 2014, got COA valid till Oct, but app refused August 2014 booked flight to return Philippines Sept 2014 flew out Nov 30th

Your application would have to be on the grounds of durable relationship but a covering letter about an already booked wedding might help
Last edited by 357mag on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:29 pm

vinb5 wrote:So what was your girl friend out come

Am I able to submit marriage certificate after one month I mean after submitting for EEA2 than later I send.because I have registration date in first week of January
357mag wrote:If you go to India it is you who will have to apply for a visa to accompany EEA citizen, its supposed to be proccessed within 28 days.
If you can prove the 2 years the Home Office require to be designated as a durable partner, I guess it would be ok. However, if you can't do this nor provide a marriage certificate, I'm sure you will be rejected on the spot!

vinb5
Newly Registered

eea2 COA no right to work

Post by vinb5 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi
I'm non eu nation living in uk for 5 years and working full time

My girl friend is eu nation and we been in relationship less than 2 years

Due to some technical reasons we postponed our marriage for couple of times.

As my psw was expiring and we need to apply for eea2.

I got Coa with no right to work Bcz of lack of evidence for relationship.

Can some one please help me.if we get married and update with marriage certificate will that allow me to get Coa with right to work.

I want right to work while my application in process.
Some one pls help me or advise me.

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Re: eea2 COA no right to work

Post by chriskv1 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:14 am

Yes .If u get married and apply you will get right to work on your coa .
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.