ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate in English for dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KhanzadaKhan
Pakistan

Marriage certificate in English for dependent

Post by KhanzadaKhan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:03 am

My wife applied for Tier 1 dependent visa, marriage certificate has been translated in English and attested/stamped from Foreign office. Both Urdu and English original certificates plus copies have been sent. Just wondering do they need a letter from the person who translated in English or not?

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Marriage certificate in English for dependent

Post by sagareva » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:55 pm

KhanzadaKhan wrote:My wife applied for Tier 1 dependent visa, marriage certificate has been translated in English and attested/stamped from Foreign office. Both Urdu and English original certificates plus copies have been sent. Just wondering do they need a letter from the person who translated in English or not?

which foreign office? usually translation has to be attested to, either by translator's signature certifying it is a true translation, or by a UK embassy of the country from where document originates --separate letter not required
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

KhanzadaKhan
Pakistan

Re: Marriage certificate in English for dependent

Post by KhanzadaKhan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:08 am

Translator does the translation in English first and then Nikkah Nama in English (Marriage Certificate) is attested in court. Then I went to foreign office in Peshawar Pakistan where they attested too and put a ticket on it as well. I was just wondering I didn't give any separate letter from Translator where he mentions that I have translate in English.