ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application guidance needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

azeem.cardiff
Newly Registered

EEA2 application guidance needed

Post by azeem.cardiff » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Need help please!

my status: NON-EEA student

my wife and child: Swedish (EEA) living with me in UK since Dec-2012.

my Tier-4 visa is valid from Jan-2012 to April-2015

I am almost done with my PhD studies and looking for jobs but to work in UK I need permission to work which I believe is possible through EEA2 application.

what category should I choose for my wife (job seeker/self sufficient etc). just to mention, I was on scholarship 1200£/Month which has now been ended since Sept-2013 so no much funds in the bank.

1- how much money do I need to show for how long time?
2-or any other document needed?

need your advice to begin with.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards

Azeem

Jgorf

Re: EEA2 application guidance needed

Post by Jgorf » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:42 pm

azeem.cardiff wrote:Need help please!

my status: NON-EEA student

my wife and child: Swedish (EEA) living with me in UK since Dec-2012.

my Tier-4 visa is valid from Jan-2012 to April-2015

I am almost done with my PhD studies and looking for jobs but to work in UK I need permission to work which I believe is possible through EEA2 application.

what category should I choose for my wife (job seeker/self sufficient etc). just to mention, I was on scholarship 1200£/Month which has now been ended since Sept-2013 so no much funds in the bank.

1- how much money do I need to show for how long time?
2-or any other document needed?

need your advice to begin with.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards

Azeem
What you do doesn't matter. What matters when it comes to applying for residence card is how the EEA which In this case is your wife exercises her treaty rights.

What does your wife do?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA2 application guidance needed

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:50 pm

your (non-eu national) activities will be irrelevant and if your EU national partner finds some work then the application will become more straight forward. Otherwise for self sufficiency your EU national partner must have some savings because since you do not have permission to work, therefore, your funds/income will not be counted towards self sufficiency. And most importantly you and your whole family must be covered by CSI (private medical insurance).
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS