ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-4 Established presence, Applying for Dependent Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

acr09ak
Newly Registered

Tier-4 Established presence, Applying for Dependent Visa

Post by acr09ak » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi there,

I am pursuing my PhD in London. My tier-4 visa length is Oct 2012-Feb 2018. I want to sponsor my wife from India on dependent visa. My question is do I have an established presence in the UK or not?

Here is my case:

I came to UK in 2009 for my MSc and after completion I went back to my home country in Jan 2011. Then I applied for my PSW visa from my home country, however I did not travel to UK after getting it. I came back to UK for my PhD on fresh tier-4 in October 2012.

Regarding the established presence, the Home office document says that Tier-4 student has an established presence if the student have current entry clearance, is also applying for further leave in the UK and has finished a course of minimum six months on the last leave in the UK.

Now in my case, Firstly, I am not applying for a leave in UK (current visa is still on). Secondly, I am in the UK for almost 3 years on Tier-4 visa and in past, I have completed a masters degree from here. What do you guys think, do i have an established presence in the UK?

Thank you. Your help is much appreciated.
Last edited by acr09ak on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier-4 Established presence, Applying for Dependent Visa

Post by bruteforce » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:45 pm

If you are studying in your current course for over 6 months (which seems to be the case), then you do have an established presence & your spouse can apply with reduced maintenance. If you are still unsure, read the policy guidance & also when you fill the online form (Tier 4 dependant), if you answer all questions correctly, then at the end of application, it will tell you the exact amount of money to be shown.