ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry Visa fees for EU Dependents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

treefriend

Re-entry Visa fees for EU Dependents

Post by treefriend » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:05 pm

Hey Folks,
Hope everyone is well and above the ground in 2015.

My brother has temp stamp4 which he got as a dependent family member of EU citizen. He is travelling and today when he went to get re-entry visa he was asked to pay €100 fees. He was told that because he is dependent family member, therefore he has to pay.My understanding is, anyone who has temp EU stamp 4 is entitled to free re-entry visa.

Can you please let me know if I got it wrong?

Thanks

jeupsy

Re: Re-entry Visa fees for EU Dependents

Post by jeupsy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Does he have Stamp 4 or Stamp 4 EU Fam?

If is has a Stamp 4 EU Fam he actually does not need a re-entry visa (a passport with no visa and a GNIB card with Stamp 4 EU Fam are all he needs to enter Ireland).

If he has a stamp 4, it would appear that his residence card was not issued under the European directive and therefore Ireland can charge him for the re-entry visa (the only exception I can think of would be if he is on a temporary Stamp 4 while INIS are reviewing is EU1 application, in which case it is a grey area).

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:30 pm

jeupsy wrote:Does he have Stamp 4 or Stamp 4 EU Fam?

If is has a Stamp 4 EU Fam he actually does not need a re-entry visa (a passport with no visa and a GNIB card with Stamp 4 EU Fam are all he needs to enter Ireland).

If he has a stamp 4, it would appear that his residence card was not issued under the European directive and therefore Ireland can charge him for the re-entry visa (the only exception I can think of would be if he is on a temporary Stamp 4 while INIS are reviewing is EU1 application, in which case it is a grey area).
It is not ordinary stamp 4.

He has temp six month "EU Fam Stamp 4". He is given temp EU Fam STAMP because his EU dependent family member application is under progress.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:32 pm

If it is EU Fam he doesn't need a re-entry visa.

But I would double check the GNIB card indeed says "4 EU Fam" and not just "4" as temporary stamps are usually just a regular Stamp 4.

See picture, if the "Stamp No: 4 EUFam" mention is clearly stated on the card he is all good, but it it just says "Stamp No: 4" he is not yet under EU family status:

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:48 pm

Well understood. Thx