ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult Dependant Relative

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jalsaqla
Newly Registered

Adult Dependant Relative

Post by jalsaqla » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:02 am

Hello,

My brother has recently been diagnosed with a life long mental illness.

Although he lives with my parents in my home country, the proper treatment for this kind of illness is not available in my home country.

Given that this is a life long mental illness and proper treatment is available in the UK, I was wondering if I have a case to bring him here to the UK as an Adult Dependent Relative.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Adult Dependant Relative

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:44 am

Extremely unlikely. Very very few approvals for this category visa since July 2012 and as he has family in his home country, makes it even more difficult. The UK does not permit chain migration.

If you search the forum, you will find that it is just about impossible and if you choose to try and get refused, it will close the door on any visit visa applications as his intention to settle will be known.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.