ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visit visa from India application error!! URGENT

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tgidey
Newly Registered

family visit visa from India application error!! URGENT

Post by tgidey » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi
Just today I submitted online application for my parents to come visit here as my wife is pregnant but half an hour later I realised that my mom had a previous passport and I forgot to mention that in application.I tried to get refund via "view payments" and refund tab but it didn't work.
Appointment for biometric is on 15 July and FAQ said we can apply for refund within 3 months of submitting application and before biometrics.
I can't cancel this application as it's already been submitted.
Now can anyone advice me what I should do.
1. Do I submit a new application (same day and same time as previous)
2. Cancel this current appointment and then submit a new one application
3. Call my credit card and get that payment cancelled as I'm hoping it won't be processed b4 Monday as a working day and then submit a new one hoping previous one will be labelled invalid and NOT REFUSED which can cause problem later
I'm afraid if we continue with same application it will be refused for withholding information.
Any advice from respected members will be appreciated

manci
Respected Guru

Re: family visit visa from India application error!! URGENT

Post by manci » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Your Mum should write asap to the visa application centre where she applied quoting the application ref. No. and inform them about the omission, there is no need to withdraw the application.
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/applicationcentre.html

tgidey
Newly Registered

Post by tgidey » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:45 pm

manci wrote:Your Mum should write asap to the visa application centre where she applied quoting the application ref. No. and inform them about the omission, there is no need to withdraw the application.
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/applicationcentre.html
Thx for reply mate...I've emailed them via their contact us tab nd will call them tomorrow as well to find out what I can do next.
I don't think writing to their Indian vfs office will help cos online application will go straight to a UK visa centre for checking...I just wanted to know if someone had made a similar mistake and what action did they take after submitting application.

vshetty11
Newly Registered

Post by vshetty11 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi tgidey

We have made the same error yesterday and would like some guidance on what you did to rectify the passport information for your mum in law in the application. Please could you share what were the next steps. We have booked the appointment for 4th Feb and would be grateful if you could share the next steps at the earliest possible opportunity.

Thank you.