ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing Stamp 4 while waiting for naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coketero

Renewing Stamp 4 while waiting for naturalisation

Post by coketero » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:51 am

My current stamp 4 expires by the end of March after 5 years. I applied for naturalisation a month ago and recently received the first letter. What do I need to do to extend the permission? Do I need to wait until March to renew it? Thank You..

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: Renewing Stamp 4 while waiting for naturalisation

Post by banana07 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:56 am

What is your stamp is based on? Work permit or eu fam? Or what?

Renewal of stamp 4 is easy in most cases and inis will contact you asking for new stamp and gnib once it expires so you better save time by renewing it and then post to them the updated / renewed copies of stamp and gnib
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

coketero

Post by coketero » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:59 am

My stamp is based on being married to an EU national.(EUFAM). Can I renew it in February or do I need to wait until March?Thanks!

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:08 am

Usually 2 weeks ahead but they allow up to 6 weeks ahead.. Renew it a month before it expires then take copies of gnib and stamp and attach small cover letter containing your application number and post it to same address you post your citz application.. This will save u at least a month of communication with them
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:50 am

Coketero

I am in the same case than you Stamp EU Fam which gonna expire in May so i notice that you applied for Naturalisation before the end of your stamp.

I didn't know that was possible and yet you received the first letter, does that mean we can apply for Naturalisation few months before?

Wait for your reply

Thanks

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:53 am

Did you get a temporary Stamp 4 for 6 months before the EUFam? If yes this should count as well.

coketero

Post by coketero » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:14 am

stanakines wrote:Coketero

I am in the same case than you Stamp EU Fam which gonna expire in May so i notice that you applied for Naturalisation before the end of your stamp.

I didn't know that was possible and yet you received the first letter, does that mean we can apply for Naturalisation few months before?

Wait for your reply

Thanks
I had a temporary EUFAM4 for 6 months before, so I applied when I already had been living in Ireland on Stamp 4 for more than 5 years

coketero

Post by coketero » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:15 am

jeupsy wrote:Did you get a temporary Stamp 4 for 6 months before the EUFam? If yes this should count as well.
Yes, I have been in Ireland on stamp 4 since October 2009

coketero

Post by coketero » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:16 am

banana07 wrote:Usually 2 weeks ahead but they allow up to 6 weeks ahead.. Renew it a month before it expires then take copies of gnib and stamp and attach small cover letter containing your application number and post it to same address you post your citz application.. This will save u at least a month of communication with them
Thank you very much!

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks for your reply

I came in may 2009 i don't remember so far receiving a stamp 4 before my stamp 4 EU in may 2010 but i found out a stamp on my passport recently it's say "remain to stay but no work or engage business ..." from July 2009 to mars 2010 does it's look it what you guys are talking about?

Temporary stamp 4 doesn't entitled you to work then or engage business in waiting for your stamp 4 eu then if that the case then i think i had one.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:20 am

A temporary Stamp 4 would have allowed you to work. If you had one they would also have issued a GNIB card which clearly states "Stamp No: 4".

The stamp you are mentioning on your passport sounds like something different. At what time did you send your EU1 application form, and do you still have the acknowledgement letter from INIS? The letter should have specified what temporary stamp they intended to give you (and it should have been Stamp 4).

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:24 am

Yes that why i am confused

It's pretty much looks like a stamp 3 which is also good but i don't remember having a stamp 4 for that, i'll look through the leeter and let you know later then

Thanks

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:45 am

Hi

I had a look through my old letter for my pré Stamp 4 EU and apparently the 6 months stamp they gave me was for Visitor which means Stamp 3 yet i never received the GNIB CARD for it, the stamp on my passport stay the only proof i'll apply for naturalisation beginning of February.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:11 am

Strange ,I thought they were only giving Stamp 4. Maybe because you were too young to be working at the time ...

coketero

Post by coketero » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:32 pm

I forgot to as, what exactly do I need to take with me to the garda office to extend the stamp 4?. Should the first letter from 5 years ago suffice? Also, I moved from Dublin to Cork city more than a year ago ( I got my GNIB in the Dublin office), can I just go to the the immigration office in Cork city for this or do I have to notify them first of my address change?

Thanks

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:33 am

coketero wrote:I forgot to as, what exactly do I need to take with me to the garda office to extend the stamp 4?. Should the first letter from 5 years ago suffice? Also, I moved from Dublin to Cork city more than a year ago ( I got my GNIB in the Dublin office), can I just go to the the immigration office in Cork city for this or do I have to notify them first of my address change?

Thanks
I think you first need to apply for a new card. You can either send form EU1 again or send from EU3. EU3 is usually the best option as long as your EU family member has been exercising treaty rights for the past 5 years as you will them have a permanent resident status, but if if the EU family member's situation hasn't been clear you'd better off send form EU1 and start fresh as they would likely decline EU3.

See http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... ould_I_do?
Last edited by jeupsy on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coketero

Post by coketero » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:17 pm

jeupsy wrote:
coketero wrote:I forgot to as, what exactly do I need to take with me to the garda office to extend the stamp 4?. Should the first letter from 5 years ago suffice? Also, I moved from Dublin to Cork city more than a year ago ( I got my GNIB in the Dublin office), can I just go to the the immigration office in Cork city for this or do I have to notify them first of my address change?

Thanks
I think you first need to apply for a new card. You can either send form EU1 again or send from EU3. EU3 is usually the best option as long as your EU family member has been exercising treaty rights for the past 5 years as you will them have a permanent resident status, but if if the EU family member's situation hasn't been clear you'd better off send form EU1 and start fresh as they would likely decline EU3.

See http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... hould_I_do?
Whaaat? :o Do I need to apply for that even if I am in the middle of the naturalisation process?. This is scary because it says there it can be take up to 6 months to process, so if I apply now and my GNIB card expires on March 31st, I would be illegally living and working here??.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:45 pm

coketero wrote:
jeupsy wrote:

Thanks

See http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... hould_I_do?
Whaaat? :o Do I need to apply for that even if I am in the middle of the naturalisation process?. This is scary because it says there it can be take up to 6 months to process, so if I apply now and my GNIB card expires on March 31st, I would be illegally living and working here??.
You might want to double check with INIS - but as far as I know yes the initial Stamp 4EUFam is for 5 years and then people can either re-apply for one (EU1) or apply for permanence residence (EU3).

They will still give you a temporary Stamp 4 during the 6 months processing time, so you will be legal here and will quite possibly get naturalised in the meantime.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:25 pm

jeupsy wrote:
coketero wrote:
jeupsy wrote:
You might want to double check with INIS - but as far as I know yes the initial Stamp 4EUFam is for 5 years and then people can either re-apply for one (EU1) or apply for permanence residence (EU3).

They will still give you a temporary Stamp 4 during the 6 months processing time, so you will be legal here and will quite possibly get naturalised in the meantime.
Jeupsy is correct regarding applying for the EU1 or EU3 and you will receive temporary permission. It is vital that you maintain your stamp 4 permission so do let it expire and to do this, you must apply for EU1/EU3.

Leinster Immigration
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:01 pm

I am in the same issue, i am going to apply for naturalization with Solicitor at the moment but my stamp 4 EU is going to expires at the middle of may.

The solicitor told me that Immigration might need my stamp renewed while my application is processing. They told me that i could have apply for permanent residency but my main issue is that i received my stamp 4 Eu on behalf of my uncle who left the country 2 years for UK so he is not exercising treaty rights...

What might be my option in that case?

bstar

Post by bstar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:30 pm

I have same issue as you guys . What have you decided .

Also who is a good solicitor to deal with this situation

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:39 pm

bstar wrote:I have same issue as you guys . What have you decided .

Also who is a good solicitor to deal with this situation
One option for solicitors: http://www.brophysolicitors.ie/

I used them once related to immigration laws and my experience was mostly positive (I felt they were knowledgeable and gave good advice, but they were not always as responsive as I would have liked to follow-up with immigration authorities).

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:56 pm

I have made few searches for some good solicitors in town Brophy was among them but when they told me that to take my case it will cost 950 (VAT included) i said no, that price would have been understandable if i had few criminals charges or something very wrong but it wasn't the case.

Then i discovered www.sinnottsolicitors.ie/ they seems very professional and know what they doing, they gave me some good advice, it's only a week but they kept me in touch for everything. Oh and more important their price are around 500€ + 126 Vat.

Anyway it's depends on you both are good in what they doing .

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Also does anyone knows how to read private message, it's kept saying i cannot read them...

Leinsterimmig you sent me a private message concerning my case but i cannot see it now can you share it here, Thanks

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Your inbox is here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/ucp.ph ... lder=inbox

You just need to click on a message to read it - if the content is not displayed, something is wrong.