ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Query - Tier1 General extn

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kapil_1412
Newly Registered

Urgent Query - Tier1 General extn

Post by Kapil_1412 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:14 pm

I got my Tier 1 Visa in Jan 2011 but only arrived in the UK in Mar 2012. I got my Tier 1 visa renewed in Mar 2013 for 3 years and VISA now expires in Mar 2016. However as per the new UKBA rules the last date of extension is Apr 2015 which means I have to get my visa renewed once more before Apr 2015. I will renew my VISA in Mar-15 .
My wife arrived in UK on visitor visa in Jun-12 and stayed here until Nov-12. She is now in UK from Jun-2013 on a dependent VISA (VISA validity -Mar-16).
Now my question is

Should I renew her VISA with me or I can renew her VISA before her VISA validity date i.e. Mar-16

I am qualifying for an ILR in Mar-17. I guess ,she needs to spend approx. 5 years before she applies for her ILR.

Should I renew her VISA with me( Mar-15) or I can renew her VISA just before her VISA validity date i.e. Mar-16.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Query - Tier1 General extn

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:59 am

You need to extend your visa along with your wife. But its not mandatory to extend your wife's visa along with you. But there no use. Like when extend her visa later your visa. it will be aligned to your visa validity. So extend along with you.