ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending Garda report - Approval timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

italianbacon
Newly Registered

Pending Garda report - Approval timeframe

Post by italianbacon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:28 pm

Hi Guys,
I receive letter dated 02/01/15 saying they've started further processing my application.
Last week I requested update on approx time-frame and today they replied back that they are awaiting Garda report. Would anyone here know how long does it take for Garda to send this report and DoJ to send approval after receiving the same report ?

Would it speed things up if I contact my local Garda station and ask them to give me a report/letter addressed to INIS ?

Hoping to be one among March 2015 ceremony :D

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: Pending Garda report - Approval timeframe

Post by banana07 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:33 pm

did you request update by mail or email? by mail is more accurate but takes a bit of time..

Garda vetting for 2014 was 3 week and in complex cases 4 weeks as per vetting unit stats. however garda vetting request is sent on specific times.. say 3 months from your application, which means it returns on month 4.. and they will always blame vetting vetting while the report request was not initiated yet!

and no, local garda clearnace cert has nothing to do with vetting in Tipperary.. its only for travel/work visa in some countries like canada, usa and australlia and local garda not allowed to give you any vetting report, and no vetting report can be used for different purpose and need to be initiated for specific purpose every time.

For social welfare and revenue - it takes exactly 2 days for both of them to send the report back

can you share your timeline?
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

italianbacon
Newly Registered

Post by italianbacon » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks banana07 for your info on Garda report. I really hope it comes within 4 weeks.
As for my timeline ... its bit complex as I'd drink driving conviction in Sep 2011.

• Applied for citizenship in March 2013 based on 5yrs Stamp4.
• Received acknowledgement of application in April 2013.
• Requested further documents (receipt of payment of fine for drink driving) in Oct 2013.
• Received letter in Dec 2013 saying that Minister has deferred my application for a period of 12 months.
• Received letter dated 02/01/2015 have now started re-processing my application again. They also requested further documents like letter from employer confirming that I wasn't in receipt of social welfare and asked if I have been again in adverse attention of Garda in past 12 months (which I haven't been...I even haven't drove since that incident back in March 2013)
• Received another letter dated 16/01/15 saying that they are now waiting for my Garda report.

Now I'm worried if same drink driving incident of Mar 2013 is going to affect me again ?
Also my current Stamp 4 expires in April this year and will they clear my application before that ?

Any suggestions / advise or similar experiences are welcome

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:53 pm

the report will come within 4 weeks, but inis guys are ordered to delay such cases as non priority cos they prefer obeying people than a potential hazardous future citizens (no pun intended)

this time they will see you have done great in last year for staying out of trouble and will be good for you..

as for the stamp, renew it and send it again to them! dont give them a reason to delay/refuse your application!

good luck future paddy
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

italianbacon
Newly Registered

Post by italianbacon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks Mate,

I'll be sending them a letter in a week or so, requesting update again on my application.