ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch Tier 4 to Tier 2 - Online, supporting docs, urgent!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pittger
Newly Registered

Switch Tier 4 to Tier 2 - Online, supporting docs, urgent!

Post by pittger » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Hello,

I would appreciate any help!!! I am looking to apply online for a swtich from Tier 4 to Tier 2, and I have all my documents except one, and my visa expires within a week. So my questions are:

1) What is the timetable of the online Tier 4 General application process? (online application, sending support docs, send biometrics, answer)

2) How much time do I have, from the moment I submit my application online, and the moment I need to send my supporting documents (passports, transcritp, etc)?

3) Could I potentially apply online (a day before my current Tier 4 expires), and then send the full supporting documents the following week (when my current visa would be expired)? Would my status in th UK be "in process" after I have submitted my online application form and thus i can send my supporting documents even after my visa has expired?

Thank you for your time and help! :)

LMMW
Newly Registered

Re: Switch Tier 4 to Tier 2 - Online, supporting docs, urgen

Post by LMMW » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:37 am

You should make the online application ASAP.
The documents are required to be posted within 15 days after the application is made and fee is paid. As long as your application is made online and paid for before your current leave expires, you won't be classified as a overstayer.