ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Plz

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

benfares

Help Plz

Post by benfares » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Hello

My visa has been approved 90 days stamp ( an Ireland Entry visa for "Family member of Eu citizen". under Directive

2004/38/EC Surinder Singh route ).

i have two questions :

1 ) Flight : shall i book Departure and Return or One-Way ?? is it safe if i book one-way ( i mean , will they ask me about it in dublin Airport )

2) which city is closest to Dublin , bcz the rent in dublin is so expensive

thank you

PrestonLancs

Re: Help Plz

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:10 pm

You only need one way ticket. With the type of visa you have, it is understood that you will extend once you are in the host country.

I am also looking for some rental property in Ireland in next few months, to do the surinder singh route for my future (soon to be) wife. The best way it to look on daft.ie. You can search in county Dublin, or the nearby counties of Kildare, Wicklow, Meath and Louth.
Best way would be, that when you look at a property, click on the map link, and see where and how far it is from Dublin.

Now I have a few question for you.

Did you provide the original passport of your EU spouse, or just a photocopy ?

Did you have to submit biometrics ie fingerprints etc for visa application?

How long did they take to issue you the visa?

thanks

neuron

Post by neuron » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:21 pm

The fact that you need a one-way ticket doesn't mean you can't buy a return one. For example, I was coming to Dublin from Eastern Europe, by Lufthansa (though Frankfurt), and the return ticket price was 330 EUR, while a one-way ticket cost 750 EUR! So you can just buy a return ticket and not use the return flight (just choose any return date, doesn't matter).

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:58 pm

I guess the OP asked the question to find out if he is required to hold a return ticket, for the type of visa he holds. He/She already knows that they can buy return ticket. The query related to just having one way ticket, and if that would create any problems with immigration.

benfares

Post by benfares » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:21 pm

PrestonLancs wrote:You only need one way ticket. With the type of visa you have, it is understood that you will extend once you are in the host country.

I am also looking for some rental property in Ireland in next few months, to do the surinder singh route for my future (soon to be) wife. The best way it to look on daft.ie. You can search in county Dublin, or the nearby counties of Kildare, Wicklow, Meath and Louth.
Best way would be, that when you look at a property, click on the map link, and see where and how far it is from Dublin.

Now I have a few question for you.

Did you provide the original passport of your EU spouse, or just a photocopy ?

Did you have to submit biometrics ie fingerprints etc for visa application?

How long did they take to issue you the visa?

thanks

thank you so much for your help ,

Original passport (Non-EU husband)
photocopy passport of the EU spouse
2 Passport sized photos (Non-EU husband)
My Passport copy
Original Marriage certificate in English
Two covering letters
Copy my sons Passport and original birth certificate
Copy of hotel confirmation booking
Summary sheets of the application form

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Thank you for clarification. Puts my mind at rest that they will not need my original passport.

benfares

Post by benfares » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:55 pm

PrestonLancs wrote:Thank you for clarification. Puts my mind at rest that they will not need my original passport.

i forgot , it took me to get the visa 3 weeks