ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR - Tier2 ICT dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

danesmlondon
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR - Tier2 ICT dependant

Post by danesmlondon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:42 pm

Hi All,

I have got ILR in 2014 and my wife is with me before Jul 2012 as dependent and has completed continues 2+ years with me in UK.
I got ILR on Tier2 ICT visa -5 years route. Now want to apply for her ILR. She has passed life in uk and has Esol level3 certificate recently passed. She is eligible for ILR. I can show the financial statements as per requirements.

I have few small queries as below -

1. Could someone pls confirm which form i need to submit - SET-O or SET-M ?? I went to UKBA site but it says .. something about FLR extension which is making me confuse if I use SET - M or O.
Note: My wife first came with me on May 2010 and her T2 dependant Visa was extended in UK again for 3 years in 2012 by my employer.

2. We have a 5 years old kid who was born in India. Now after my wife's ILR, should I apply ILR for him or can directly get him registered as Uk CITIZEN?

Many thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: Spouse ILR - Tier2 ICT dependant

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:23 pm

Wife and kid should use SET(O).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

danesmlondon
Newly Registered

Post by danesmlondon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:33 am

Many thanks Vinny for your response.

Cheers,

twinkle123
Newly Registered

Post by twinkle123 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Hello Vinny,

I am on the same boat and need few clarifications.

When you say both spouse and child should use SET(0) - I believe there will be only one appointment for both.

Spouse as main applicant (Which Category Section - 3.B - PBS dependant) and child as dependant? Please advise.

Thanks..

danesmlondon
Newly Registered

Post by danesmlondon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi there, I think you are right. Only 1 appointment for spouse & kid. Spouse as PBS Dependent as displayed in her biometric card + kid as dependent. Only one SET-O needs to be submitted.

I am also attaching following docs- (Pls add if you think i am missing something) :

- Child's Birth certificate
- Spouse's address proof that she is living with me in UK in same address. e.g. - utility bill / bank statements with both of us named.
- Marriage certificate
- Bank statement to show finance / earning proof
- passport + Visa card / docs
- Wife's qualification degree certificates
- Wife's Life in UK test result + English language proof
- Duly filled SET-O + online receipt of appointment booking proof & payment receipt

Pls note: I am not expert in this area so , you might need to do some more research before you submit the form @ UKBA.

All the best.

danesmlondon
Newly Registered

Post by danesmlondon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi Vinny, Need some more clarifications pls-

my wife's dependent visa was first granted on 27th May 2010 which is extended (in UK) until Jan 2016.
In this tenure my wife has following absences-
-------------------------------------------------------------
A -> 7th FEB 2011 to 22nd FEB 2011 = 15 days

B-> 12th May 2011 to 15 May 2011 = 4 days

C-> 22nd Dec 2011 to 25th July 2012 = 7 months + 9 days

D-> 15th Jun 2014 - 15th July 2014 = 1 month
-------------------------------------------------------------

However since her last entry 26th July 2012 - till date she has been in UK except the 1 month absence mentioned above. I hope this won't impact her application as PBS dependent for ILR? she would still be eligible for ILR as she has spent more than 2 years continuous in UK with me. Same applies for my son.

Pls advice.

Thanks.

danesmlondon
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse ILR - Tier2 ICT dependant SUCCESS!!

Post by danesmlondon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Our story of Dependant ILR success: (T2 ICT dependant to ILR)

I booked our appointment on a Monday morning 11:45 at croydon PEO premium appointment for my wife and son’s ILR as PBS dependant used SET-O. (I already had mine 1 year ago)

We thought of driving from east london to croydon 2 hour long journey (actually 1 hour 5 min shows in Google map but there is always traffic in between areas like Sidcup road,Croydon road etc). So if you are driving to PEO croydon , you must start at least 3-4 hour before your appointment time. We started at 8:45 and reached at 10:45 to the parking of whitgift mall (apposite to PEO). They charge around £5 for a day. Nice place to park and attached to mall so you can eat/freshenup before oppointment.

At 11 am we were at security check gate at PEO and they allowed us straight to 3rd floor. Nice and friendly gaurds at the gate , there is a busy lift to 3rd floor so we decided to use stairs. On arrival at 3rd floor , there was another lady awaiting to help, she told us to go right and take your token number and they also verified application & fee payment are right against the type of visa you are applying for, before they accept it and give you a token number. They suggested to wait in cafeteria in 3rd floor for a call for that token number [which is also display in a Tv screen in cafeteria].

Next call came within 10 min to submit the application to UKBA officer who enters the application/passport info into their IT system. She initially was confused with my application as I had ILR and my dependants were applying now [though their current T2 PBS dependant visa was valid for next 8 months]. She called for help from other officer she came and clarified that they are joining me as dependant and this application is fine. I also explained her that she is hosue wife and I am supporting the financial things for family and will submit the proofs accordingly. She finally understood and entered all the info in computer system. [Took about 15-20 min] no other questions were asked. She took all the supporting docs and original application/passports etc and put in a file and returned to us.

Then she told us to wait for next call to attend biometrics for applicants. Got our call in next 15 min, went to desk and he took photo and finger print. Took signature of wife in a sheet for biomentric card. Then collected all the documents and application from me and handed over to case worker.

We were told to either wait at restarent or leave the building to have lunch or something as next process may take 1-3 hours. We were went to PEO cafeteria to have cofee and eat spomething. Waited for about 2 hours then got out token number called to go to a desk number. Went there and a lady officer congratulated & gave a good news.. that my application was accpted. She also gave a letter of proof and told that cards will be sent to our home address in 2-5 days. Actually came on 2nd day to our home by special courier.

I attached following documents:

1. Marriage cert and Birth certificate for son
2. SET-O form + payment reciept
3. Council tax bill with my name and wife’s name for 2 years
4. Bank statetment (financial proof) only for last 6 months
5. 1 year payslip
6. HMRC TAX statement
7. Water Bill
8. 2 photoes passport size attached to form
9. Degree certificate of my Wife
10. Life in UK pass certificate
11. ESOL certificate for English Language proof
12. A letter explaining the reason for GAPS in last 5 years. Without any proofs. We had only 30 days gap in last 2.7 years. Other gap doesn’t matter for dependant’s ILR application, as per current (2014-15 ) rules dependant has to be in UK for min 2 years if their VISA was granted before July 2012 as your dependant. We had another 7 months gap in earlier trip but that was not accounted for dependant.

Hope this helps!!