ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and County Court Judgement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssidd

Post by ssidd » Thu May 30, 2013 11:32 am

Dear Fellows,

County Court Judgement has any impact on ILR? As I just noticed that due to an accident My Insurance company lost an injury claim case in county court and paid 2900 as an injury claim.

Should I need to mention it as a County Court Judgement in SET O Form?
This decision would have any impact on my ILR?

Your advice would me much appreciated.

Regards
Sidd
Random life is difficult but systematic is much easier!!
SIDD

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR and County Court Judgement

Post by Amber » Thu May 30, 2013 1:48 pm

ssidd wrote:Dear Fellows,

County Court Judgement has any impact on ILR? As I just noticed that due to an accident My Insurance company lost an injury claim case in county court and paid 2900 as an injury claim.

Should I need to mention it as a County Court Judgement in SET O Form?
This decision would have any impact on my ILR?

Your advice would me much appreciated.

Regards
Sidd
In what way was a County Court Judgement made against you? Are you saying that someone sued you?

If your insurance company lost in court that was not you!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ssidd

Post by ssidd » Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi,

I was involved in an accident and I got 6 point 300 pounds fine from Magistrate court as it was my fault.

The other party gone for injury claim and my insurance company decided to take them in court as they claimed 10,000 Pounds, later on county court ordered to pay 2900 pound as an injury claim.

I got letter from county court regarding this decision thats it!!!

I have no idea that I need to disclose it in my form or not.

Regards
Sidd
SIDD

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu May 30, 2013 2:03 pm

ssidd wrote:Hi,

I was involved in an accident and I got 6 point 300 pounds fine from Magistrate court as it was my fault.

The other party gone for injury claim and my insurance company decided to take them in court as they claimed 10,000 Pounds, later on county court ordered to pay 2900 pound as an injury claim.

I got letter from county court regarding this decision thats it!!!

I have no idea that I need to disclose it in my form or not.

Regards
Sidd
Well forget the compensation that your insurance paid out. However, the court fine, if that is classed as a non-custodial sentence (get a SAR from your local police station for information held on the PNC) then it will be a general grounds for refusal for 24 months. When was the court fine and points given?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ssidd

Post by ssidd » Thu May 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi,

I have applied for an enhanced CRB from my friends company and still waiting for the outcome as it is over one month. It was last year 30th May and my ILR is due now.

It was there on disclosure Scotland but some body told me that Disclosure Scotland pick every traffic offence as Conviction and further It is discretion of Local Police to put in PNC as a record especially when you are involved in any accident with a kid.

I am very confused and tracking my DBS every day and since last 15 days it is on the last stage that is POLICE SEARCH.

Regards
Sidd
SIDD

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu May 30, 2013 3:27 pm

ssidd wrote:Hi,

I have applied for an enhanced CRB from my friends company and still waiting for the outcome as it is over one month. It was last year 30th May and my ILR is due now.

It was there on disclosure Scotland but some body told me that Disclosure Scotland pick every traffic offence as Conviction and further It is discretion of Local Police to put in PNC as a record especially when you are involved in any accident with a kid.

I am very confused and tracking my DBS every day and since last 15 days it is on the last stage that is POLICE SEARCH.

Regards
Sidd
Well if a non-custodial conviction is recorded on your criminal record it should be a general grounds for refusal for 24 months.

kkbk2007
Newly Registered

Post by kkbk2007 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:22 pm

hi ssidd

what happened to your application.can you please update the post with ur application outcome

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:47 pm

kkbk2007 wrote:hi ssidd

what happened to your application.can you please update the post with ur application outcome
Hello KKbk2007

The user SSidd did apply for extension at the time and not ILR but he has got ILR since then. I was also in the same category and my PNC came back with court fine information as well and hence i didn't apply for ILR either and got an extension instead. One of my friends who works with UKVI also guided me to apply for extension instead as my court fine was mentioned in the PNC report.

kkbk2007
Newly Registered

Post by kkbk2007 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi All

I have now been granted ILR. I had a CCJ which I have disclosed and explianed my situation well.

I hope this will help others having concerns around CCj issue.

KKBK2007