ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email response about spending investment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

whiteroses
BANNED

Email response about spending investment

Post by whiteroses » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:12 am

Just an update- My friend who is planning to apply for this visa emailed HO twice, and she asked whether all the investment has to be spent by the business very clearly in both the emails. However, HO did not comment on the spending part both times. They repeated the same thing- that you must invest the 50K or 200K, and that it must be an unsecured loan, shares, etc.

Mag8891
Newly Registered

Re: Email response about spending investment

Post by Mag8891 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:48 am

Hi, could you please share the email to comtact HO, I'd like to write them as well and see what they will reply.

Many thanks.
Tessa

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:53 am

please dont rock the boat...dont give them ideas..its straightforward...dont waste money on lawyers either,..they dont know anything either. Read the guidelines of both caseworker and applicant..

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:19 am

^^ There seems to be a lack of clarity about whether the entire investment has to be spent.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:17 pm

As far as my understanding goes after thoroughly reading the caseworker guidelines and guidance notes and some common sense... The 200k investment must be in the UK, must be used towards the business expenditures(that constitutes investment).If its in the form of directors loan then the remaining balance(whatever it is at the time of extension) can lay in the bank account. Common sense tells me that the premise of this visa is simple. Immigrate, set a business, float money in the economy, hire people so that they dont claim benefits, pay your taxes..and act as a model British citizen, assimilate with all. Common sense also tells me that you should spend as much is required to avoid bankruptcy...how would it look if you spent 200k and were in a loss(which is possible)...how does that make any financial sense...most new businesses go through ups and downs, even if ur not making a profit if you are even, that means ur successful. This 200k is ur safe way which you shall be using for times when you are not making any profit but just to keep urself afloat, to pay the business related expenses. Keep it simple folks. Coz it is very very simple. Dont waste time on stupid lawyers who dont know jack all coz even the entrepreneur visa policy makers are unsure..if its not in the above two guidelines then dont worry abt it. It is that simple...